User avatar
surfingslovak
Vendor
Posts: 3809
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:35 pm

Re: Bay Area Leather -- Group Buy

Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:01 pm

mdh wrote:don't know if my range can make it from south bay?
You would need to recharge; it took me 7 bars from Santa Clara to Walnut Creek at 60 mph and 9 when going faster. Perhaps the shop would have the good sense to plug the Leaf into a regular outlet before we pick it up? There are several J1772s in Walnut Creek as well.

jhannah
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:48 pm
Delivery Date: 19 Jul 2011

Re: Bay Area Leather -- Group Buy

Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:12 pm

sure you can make it to south bay, as long as they'll recharge you at the shop! I commute oakland to palo alto every day (with a top up 120v at work...)

EricBayArea
Posts: 672
Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:41 am
Delivery Date: 08 Oct 2011
Location: Walnut Creek, CA

Re: Bay Area Leather -- Group Buy

Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:23 pm

I am going to inquire next week (9/6) and/or the week after (9/12) to see who is out there, try to get photos and questions answered. I will be gone the last 2 weeks of September and upon my return on October 1, my Leaf should be ready :)

So I'm hoping that next week I can get some detailed pricing information for a group buy (if its available) before I leave so those of you who want to get it done right away can go. I'll create a new thread and call it Group Buy v2 if/once I have positive information.

As far as range for South Bay participants, I'll leave that up to you and if you feel comfortable teaching the shop how to plug the Leaf into L1 while its there (I can ask when I talk to them). There are some Nissan dealers in the area but again, I'll leave that up to you.
Color: Cayenne Red
Plate: I PLGIN

JohnOver
Posts: 144
Joined: Sat Jun 25, 2011 1:06 pm
Delivery Date: 24 Jun 2011
Leaf Number: 4232
Location: Santa Cruz Mountains near Hwy 17 & Summit Rd
Contact: Website

Re: Bay Area Leather -- Group Buy

Thu Sep 01, 2011 3:45 pm

EricBayArea wrote:As far as range for South Bay participants, I'll leave that up to you and if you feel comfortable teaching the shop how to plug the Leaf into L1 while its there (I can ask when I talk to them).
For me that's a requirement. It's 65 miles each way for me, and I'll have to climb 17
at the end of the drive home (normally takes me 3 bars just to go the 10 miles up the hill).

I'm still interested in the "group buy", but they will have to charge me up as part of the deal...
2011 LEAF (Silver SL+QC) - 6/24/11 (on 2/3/08 reserved an Aptera 2e #372)
AV EVSE, plus Ingineer's 240V upgrade, and a fist full of adapters
Other cars: '05 Honda Accord Hybrid, '96 Honda Odyssey
6.5 kW PV, making ~24 kWh per day (average).

mxp
Posts: 764
Joined: Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:32 pm
Delivery Date: 26 Jun 2015
Location: Fremont, CA

Re: Bay Area Leather -- Group Buy

Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:22 pm

EricBayArea wrote:I am going to inquire next week (9/6) and/or the week after (9/12) to see who is out there, try to get photos and questions answered. I will be gone the last 2 weeks of September and upon my return on October 1, my Leaf should be ready :)

So I'm hoping that next week I can get some detailed pricing information for a group buy (if its available) before I leave so those of you who want to get it done right away can go. I'll create a new thread and call it Group Buy v2 if/once I have positive information.

As far as range for South Bay participants, I'll leave that up to you and if you feel comfortable teaching the shop how to plug the Leaf into L1 while its there (I can ask when I talk to them). There are some Nissan dealers in the area but again, I'll leave that up to you.
I think the cost should be below $1,000. Anything over $1,000 is way too much for leather.

fenselau
Posts: 10
Joined: Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:53 pm
Delivery Date: 26 Jun 2015
Location: Sunnyvale CA

Re: Bay Area Leather -- Group Buy

Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:43 pm

Definitely count me in-- thank you for organizing this!

Andy
-------------------------
Cayenne Red Leaf SL, QC
Reserved 4/20/10
Delivered: 5/20/11
EVSE install 1/15/10
Solar-powered, Low Water Home

EricBayArea
Posts: 672
Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:41 am
Delivery Date: 08 Oct 2011
Location: Walnut Creek, CA

Re: Bay Area Leather -- Group Buy

Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:37 pm

Well I know what I want it to cost too, so hopefully the reality meets our expectations ;)
Color: Cayenne Red
Plate: I PLGIN

EricBayArea
Posts: 672
Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:41 am
Delivery Date: 08 Oct 2011
Location: Walnut Creek, CA

Re: Bay Area Leather -- Group Buy

Fri Sep 02, 2011 4:24 pm

Friday afternoon update for all of you...

I went to 2 local auto upholstery shops in Walnut Creek and both told me the same thing; If the dealer recommends a place, I should go with that. Chances are they have a deal setup. So next week I'll get more information from the dealer on the place they recommended and how it works. The dealer is located in Concord and the shop is located in Hayward (I think). So I'm not sure if they come to the dealer or if they require the car go to the shop - but I'll find out.
Color: Cayenne Red
Plate: I PLGIN

User avatar
EVDRIVER
Moderator
Posts: 6753
Joined: Sat Apr 24, 2010 7:51 am

Re: Bay Area Leather -- Group Buy

Fri Sep 02, 2011 4:32 pm

EricBayArea wrote:Friday afternoon update for all of you...

I went to 2 local auto upholstery shops in Walnut Creek and both told me the same thing; If the dealer recommends a place, I should go with that. Chances are they have a deal setup. So next week I'll get more information from the dealer on the place they recommended and how it works. The dealer is located in Concord and the shop is located in Hayward (I think). So I'm not sure if they come to the dealer or if they require the car go to the shop - but I'll find out.
As a suggestion, if you do this you may want them to place electric seat heater pads in since the seat will be taken apart, it is easy and they are not expensive and use very little power.

EricBayArea
Posts: 672
Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:41 am
Delivery Date: 08 Oct 2011
Location: Walnut Creek, CA

Re: Bay Area Leather -- Group Buy

Fri Sep 02, 2011 4:36 pm

EVDRIVER wrote:...if you do this you may want them to place electric seat heater pads in since the seat will be taken apart, it is easy and they are not expensive and use very little power.
I plan on asking that question as well. You know, I think that this place is the same that the original owner of this thread was trying to reach since they're both in Hayward and work with dealers. Not sure if that's a good thing but I'll do my best.
Color: Cayenne Red
Plate: I PLGIN

Return to “Accessories / Mods”