Did Everybody Get Their Free Nissan Cast Metal LEAF Model?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got mine today with a free offer to try the home grid-tie inverter and a coupon for a 7.2kw charger upgrade discount for Sept delivery. I'm glad I passed on those focus groups as this was much better.

Did anyone receive a black Leaf model they would like to trade for a blue Leaf model? :)

Cute. Nice touch by Nissan.

Basically, they are the same J-collection 1/43 die cast models that have been seen on Ebay (foreground below), but with the Leaf and a quick charge unit in a plastic display case:
http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=1893

TdRym.jpg

GIQCz.jpg

I received the model today, totally unexpected. It's part of the Nissan Model Car Collection, totally dig the level 3(?) charging station. Very nice touch by Nissan. , gonna bring it to work and place next to my Volt miniature model :p

No coupon for the 7.2kW upgrade, is this applicable for the 2012 model only?

JPVLeaf said:
Did anyone receive a black Leaf model they would like to trade for a blue Leaf model? :)

My guess is that they are all blue. Am I the only one that had it delivered broken? The plastic chassis, antenna, and the handle on the pump was broken. Even the plastic case was cracked. No one bothered to bubble wrap it.

Received a damaged blue one on 8/4 here in central California. Body was off the chassis, cracked display case. I'll call the number on the letter and complain.

LEAFfan said:
JPVLeaf said:
My guess is that they are all blue. Am I the only one that had it delivered broken? The plastic chassis, antenna, and the handle on the pump was broken. Even the plastic case was cracked. No one bothered to bubble wrap it.
From the images, it looks like these are the Kyosho Mini-Z LIT RC car shell, just with an actual interior rather than having it be simply an empty shell (or the full Mini-Z RC car innards).

If that's the case, the Mini-Z RC LEAF comes in all the colors. :)

EDIT: Actually, looking closer, I take that back. The cars don't look like they have the little flippy thing for the charging door, and it looks like they're definitely solid metal rather than the lightweight Mini-Z shell. So, I have no idea.

csriram45 said:
i did not get one. "EVDriver", you are getting free upgrades for Sep delivery?? May be I missed something. Did you not get your Leaf yet?
This is what passes for humor from EVDRIVER. Best not to encourage him.

Back