My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
rawhog said:
Ok. Sorry about the lack of details. The wife called me to breakfast. Yes, it is vinyl wrap. But, it is very high quality vinyl. It has texture to it and feels and looks like real carbon fiber. I took all the parts out of the car(infotainment system bezel, console finisher, and all four door control finishers). Took them to a place here in Vacaville called JC Graphix that does signs and vehicle graphics stuff. Gave them the parts over night. They applied the wrap and charged me $160. It looks really nice in person. Not to glossy. The wife isn't a big fan of carbon fiber. So I surprised her with what I did. She immediately liked and kept commenting about how nice it looks.

Sweet! Did you get the removal instructions from the service manual, or figure removal out by yourself? And, if the latter, was it easy and would you care to share the methodology?

It would be nice to be able to remove the spotted blue at the center and either replace it with black or get something like this applied.

I'm normally not a big fan of fake carbon fiber; too "poseur" for me. But in this case, the CF pattern looks nice, not too tacky, and most of all, a big improvement over having to take care not to get greasy fingerprints on all the glossy black surfaces,

Back