Leafspy connectivity

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zeedo65

Hello

I am trying to connect to "leafspy lite" app using my OBDII bluetooth adopter.
What I feel is that it connects to the bluetooth, but, there is something wrong with the app?

The phone is Samsung galaxy A41. I managed to connect the same OBDII adopter to a Nissan Micra 2006, and it worked on my exact the same phone, I was reading the car RPM and some temperatures, etc on the Micra.

But, with the Nissan Leaf 2020 Tekna, the leaf spy lite does not bring any data up:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1i97eDLsB12LygZZ9ANARBVWGFssG7gYO/view?usp=sharing
view

I have seen that the leaf spy counts some numbers up to several hundreds in "front of config leaf 14" on the right bottom side and then it shows the battery quality and so on. Do you have any idea why mine does not show anything?

Thanks for reading this and your possible help :)

BR
Zeedo65

Can you give the exact make/model of your ODB-II adapter? I recently had to "upgrade" mine to work (although it was an iPhone).
Also, I'm not so sure there is a "lite" version of LeafSpy anymore.
Come to think of it, are you outside the US?

Most OBD-II Bluetooth gadgets do not work correctly on the LEAF or e-NV200. I bought two cheap ones, whose sellers claimed they would work,but they didn't. The third was sold for slightly higher price and does work. The cheap ones would work well on an internal combustion engine vehicle (though I haven't tested them).

Nissan has fitted three separate CAN buses, and at best, cheap adaptors connect only to one of those. The standard CAN bus links the "vehicle" components; a second bus connects the "EV" components including details about the battery, which Leaf Spy needs; a third, on some models, is used for the navigation and audio system.

My experience is with an e-NV200 in Britain, not a LEAF in the USA, but this part of the electronics is the same. There's no point in recommending "my" OBD scanner, since it wouldn't be worth posting. It cost just under £20, about $30, including taxes and postage. The little blue gadgets were a quarter of that price.

- Mark

Hi all

Thanks all for your advise. I concluded that it can be the OBD2 adapter problem. I am having 2020 leaf 40 kwh, living in Finland and I bought one bluetooth ELM obd2 adopter with blue color from a webshop in Netherlands. But, basically it is the same ones purchased originally from china with no special brands. Similar ones can be found on Aliexpress. I ordered another one, lets see if that makes any change. The fact that the car has several different ECUs was very interesting. Thanks for sharing :)

Br

Zeedo

Back