Looking for nice seat and steering wheel covers for a 2018 SL

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

psalmon

I've only seen the clunky universal steering wheel covers and the leather ones that you have to stitch over the wheel. Anybody know of something between those, a slip-on cover that's made to fit around the spokes and lumps of the 2018-2022 Leaf steering wheel? Does that type even exist?

Seat covers: how well do the custom ones from Wet Okole or Coverking fit and stay in place? Do they have a cutout on the side for the power seat buttons? Impossible to know based on their websites that only show photos that have nothing to do with the model of car you're customizing for...

Seat covers: how well do the custom ones from Wet Okole or Coverking fit and stay in place? Do they have a cutout on the side for the power seat buttons? Impossible to know based on their websites that only show photos that have nothing to do with the model of car you're customizing for...

The last I knew, which was about two years ago, seat cover companies were still selling 2011-2017 seat covers, instead of designing new ones for the 2018+ power seats. The Coverking front covers I got used for my 2018 SL fit the passenger seat ok, and the power driver's seat barely at all. There was no real way to fasten the center straps, because the seat motor takes up all that area's space. It was also a poor fit over the actual seat bolsters.

The real question is whether the seat covers are compatible with the side-curtain airbags (which require breakaway stitching on the front outboard seat-back edge seam).

Personally, I'm inclined to wait until the factory upholstery is completely shot, and then find an upholsterer who can be trusted with that sort of thing. Back when I was driving old Arabella (1978 510), I tried some cheap seat covers that didn't even last as long as the factory upholstery did, then I took the car to an upholsterer, whose work outlasted the car.

Back