High Voltage Disconnect Access Panel Mod

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

G3NG4R

I've been continuing the Gengar theme in our Leaf and completed another project this week. First I found 2020 (Had to match the car right? :p) Gengar cards in holo and reverse holo. Then I paired that with an acrylic 2 card display case and mounted it to the high voltage disconnect door in the back seat.

I think it turned out well, and the wife likes it too. It might be a bit silly but it adds a nice accent to the back seat. The sun catches the foil at the right angles too which is cool.

PhHetyY.jpeg

1uJSLoE.jpeg

I simply made a saddle for the hump, carrying a large wastebasket and a large CD rack. While cutting out a cardboard template, I managed to get a finger into the path of the single-edge, and slice it badly enough to require medical-grade cyanoacrylate ("dermabond"). For all that, the finished saddle turned out really well, giving me both a place for my on-board CDs and the largest car wastebasket I've ever had.

It occurred to me that I'd never shared any pictures of my "first week mod," i.e., the hump-saddle I described. The aluminum angle is blind-riveted in place to locate the wastebasket (a general-purpose bin from the bathroom furniture department at Target).

hump saddle 1 by James Lampert, on Flickr

And with the wastebasket in place:

hump saddle 2 by James Lampert, on Flickr

And in the vehicle:

hump saddle 3 by James Lampert, on Flickr

Back