Kickplate suggestions

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wavebender

Our 2016 S came to us in nearly perfect condition inside and out, but the previous owner must have worn combat boots or tap shoes to have worn so much paint off the door panels. I’m looking for large, non-transparent kick plates to apply after I paint the damage over with a couple of bottles of Nissan touchup paint. Suggestions?

you can check with some autoparts stors that sell to body shops. They sell a product called chipguard that is usually sprayed ( I think you can now get it a peal & stick sheets ) on the rocker panels of 4X4 trucks to help protect from stones being thrown up from the large tires.

If it were me I'd probably get a can of "truck bed coating spray" and mask off everything really well. Extremely durable, and conforming, so unlike a metal or plastic "plate" there's no way for water or dirt to accumulate underneath it. And you can make the protected area the exact size and extent you prefer. https://www.amazon.com/Rust-Oleum-248914-Spray-Paint-15-Ounce/dp/B003CT49B2/ref=sr_1_6

Back