Herm
Delivery Date: 29 Aug 2012

Re: Forged Rays Volk Wheels installed - stock wheels are HEA

Sat Jul 16, 2011 11:29 pm

awiegel wrote: $2400 for a set of wheels???
You paid $17k for a battery pack, and now you are worried about a lousy $2400 for the best possible wheels you can get?.. until you hit that first pothole :)

mxp
Delivery Date: 26 Jun 2015

Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:03 am

Can somebody help find out the wheel size and tires of this Leaf? I really like the wheel/tire setup since it "fills" out the wheel well and it looks like the offset is just right for the wheel to be flush with the fenders...

This was the car used in the Pikes Peak climb. Where is this car located nowadays anyways? At Nissan HQ?

Herm
Delivery Date: 29 Aug 2012

Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:13 am

mxp wrote:Can somebody help find out the wheel size and tires of this Leaf? I really like the wheel/tire setup since it "fills" out the wheel well and it looks like the offset is just right for the wheel to be flush with the fenders...
Nobody will think you are cool by putting those tires on a Leaf, its a family car :)

palmermd
Delivery Date: 31 Mar 2011
Leaf Number: 1100011011

Tue Jul 19, 2011 5:45 am

mxp wrote:Can somebody help find out the wheel size and tires of this Leaf? I really like the wheel/tire setup since it "fills" out the wheel well and it looks like the offset is just right for the wheel to be flush with the fenders...
I think it fills the wheel wells because the car is lowered. I'd be interested in knowing what suspension they put on the car. Wheels look like the Volk Racing wheels I have on my car. 16x7 +33.

edit: after looking at my car again compared to this one, I'd say they used a 17" wheel and it looks more like the VR CE28 wheel.
Michael

Leaf from 31 March 2011 - Traded 18 April 2018 for Tesla Model 3 Unicorn
Driving electric since 1996

Leaf Bar Loss

DaveEV
Forum Supporter

Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:00 pm

palmermd wrote:
edit: after looking at my car again compared to this one, I'd say they used a 17" wheel and it looks more like the VR CE28 wheel.
I'd have to guess it's a 17" wheel as well. Probably a 225/45 tire or so on it, too.

defiancecp
Delivery Date: 25 Aug 2011

Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:47 am

Yeah, that tire diameter is definitely larger than stock diameter; you can fill the top of the wells with suspension, but the gap in the front and behind the tire really looks like a larger tire.

awiegel
Delivery Date: 08 May 2011
Leaf Number: 0747

Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:40 pm

defiancecp wrote:Yeah, that tire diameter is definitely larger than stock diameter; you can fill the top of the wells with suspension, but the gap in the front and behind the tire really looks like a larger tire.
OK. So, what did they gain with a larger diameter tire? On a hill climb, I would have thought it would slow the car down. No?

It would be nice to find out what they did to the suspension...

DaveEV
Forum Supporter

Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:47 pm

awiegel wrote:OK. So, what did they gain with a larger diameter tire? On a hill climb, I would have thought it would slow the car down. No?
Higher top speed - I suspect that even with just 80 kW there are portions where they get to speeds where power starts dropping off...

mxp
Delivery Date: 26 Jun 2015

Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:16 pm

palmermd wrote:
I think it fills the wheel wells because the car is lowered. I'd be interested in knowing what suspension they put on the car. Wheels look like the Volk Racing wheels I have on my car. 16x7 +33.

More digging around: See that sponsor enblem on the quarter panel? It's Motegi Racing, so it's their wheel, which looks like a satin black MR125 seven spoke - 17 x 7.5 offset +42. The problem is, our cars have 5 lugs and the pics on the Motegi website shows 4 lugs for that model.

http://aftermarket.motegiracing.com/whe ... groupid=23

I am really starting to like this Pikes Peak modded Leaf more...:
http://blog.caranddriver.com/wp-content ... 2011-2.jpg

http://nissanleafforum.com/nissan-leaf- ... -peak.html
Does anyone recognize any of the Nissan techs in the 2nd pic?

DaveEV
Forum Supporter

Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:39 pm

mxp wrote:More digging around: See that sponsor enblem on the quarter panel? It's Motegi Racing, so it's their wheel, which looks like a satin black MR125 seven spoke - 17 x 7.5 offset +42. The problem is, our cars have 5 lugs and the pics on the Motegi website shows 4 lugs for that model.
That wheel is available in a 5-114 bolt pattern. Weighs 16.3 lbs according to Tirerack.

Return to “Accessories / Mods”