Car cover for 2nd gen Leaf

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rbcam

Has anyone found a car cover for the 2nd gen leaf (in my case, the 2019 model) that has a flap over the charging port, so that it's easy to charge the car while the cover is on?

Thanks

- richard

I just bought one - it has not arrived yet.

Sure do need something - the Snow and Ice that can build up in there is certainly a concern.

https://ecosolaris.com/produit/housse-protectrice-port-de-recharge-nissan-leaf-2018/

HHdUfre.jpg

Having just had to blow snow out of the charge port compartment with an electric shop blower I'd picked up, I may get one of the above. I think that the OP meant a cover for the whole car, though. If it were me, I'd get a new cover without the port flap, carefully cut out a flap from it, and then reinforce the edges with some kind of outdoor-rated tape. I'd probably also try to add side flaps to it...

LeftieBiker said:
Having just had to blow snow out of the charge port compartment with an electric shop blower I'd picked up, I may get one of the above. I think that the OP meant a cover for the whole car, though. If it were me, I'd get a new cover without the port flap, carefully cut out a flap from it, and then reinforce the edges with some kind of outdoor-rated tape. I'd probably also try to add side flaps to it...

I "think" this cover slips over the hatch door, has a slit for the plug, and then has magnets that hold the bottom down. Thus effectively keeping the snow out of it.

At least that is how I'd design it.

Hopefully it arrives next week.

Could you describe the cover in more detail - especially the charge port flap? It appears to be a cover for only the charge port? And it's held on with magnets? How strong are they? I assume it has to be removed fro driving...?

LeftieBiker said:
Could you describe the cover in more detail - especially the charge port flap? It appears to be a cover for only the charge port? And it's held on with magnets? How strong are they? I assume it has to be removed fro driving...?

No magnets at all.

I'm thinking of adding a couple in the corners. I'll likely use self-adhesive magnet strips on the OUTSIDE.

I don't think the cover will scratch my paint, but I am very aware that magnets, or a dirty cover, may.

The magnets could easily attract and retain abrasive magnetic debris.

When I run a magnet on the driveway, it is astounding (but should not be surprising) how much "dust" is collected.

Rust = Magnetic Debris.

Both the Door Hatch and Port are covered - at least somewhat.

Can it be driven within this cover on ? Dunno. I'm hestitant to even close the Hatch Door with the aftermarket Cover on. I may try that soon, gingerly. It might look goofy - or stylish. Who knows ?

It's snowing in coastal, NorthEastern Massachusetts, now. Not much, tho. I'll take B4 and after pics tomorrow.

LeftieBiker said:
Thanks. What exactly holds it in place, then? The port cover hinges?

Stitched onto the back is a "Pillow" that slips into the gap between the Hood and the Charging Door. It fits tightly and works well.

I've taken many pictures, and will try to post them this week.

I had a big headache finding the perfect car cover for my Nissan leaf. I've tried three different models, but no one was good because they were too small to have a flap over the charging port. Anyway, when I was ordering a rvcover for my dad, I observed that I could order a custom one there, so I decided to try them. I was very surprised when I say the first time my car cover, and it has the perfect dimensions. It's very soft and waterproof, protecting my car from dust after a good wash.

Back