2018 Nissan Leaf headlight halogen to LED comparison and install video

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
https://youtu.be/5vaaM7MBj74

These are the auxbeam h11 nf-s1.
The install only took about 4 minutes they fit perfect everything was able to close without any fitment issues. In the video you can see how much whiter and crisper the light is it is brighter but not that much 20 this was the least brightest of the three that they sell I didn't want it to be that much brighter I don't want to be blinding people on the road also I wanted it to be more efficient and this is the only one that did not have a cooling fan. Also if you're going to be replacing the brights this one will not work there is no room because the canister that they stock light screws into is on the edge not in the center I'm not sure if this can change I did not look at it to carefully

Thanks for posting the video. I'll be doing the same to my 2018 SV in the near future, I didn't want to pop for the $2200 tech package.

No problems with CANBUS/dash warning lights? Did you have to wire in any resistors or is it just straight plug and play?

I did LED bulbs on my Tundra, and I had the factory ones on my 2015 SV. Halogen just isn't the same...

MatthewGMorgan said:
https://youtu.be/5vaaM7MBj74

These are the auxbeam h11 nf-s1.
The install only took about 4 minutes they fit perfect everything was able to close without any fitment issues. In the video you can see how much whiter and crisper the light is it is brighter but not that much 20 this was the least brightest of the three that they sell I didn't want it to be that much brighter I don't want to be blinding people on the road also I wanted it to be more efficient and this is the only one that did not have a cooling fan. Also if you're going to be replacing the brights this one will not work there is no room because the canister that they stock light screws into is on the edge not in the center I'm not sure if this can change I did not look at it to carefully

So for low-beams, you simply replaced the stock bulb with LED bulbs of some type, presumably;

Auxbeam H11 NF-S1. Does the product at the link below look correct?

https://www.amazon.com/Auxbeam-Headlight-Headlights-Philips-Conversion/dp/B074GX852M

The high beams on the LEAF are fine but man I detest the halogen low-beams on my S model. It's almost like driving with no lights at all (at night).

Thanks for the video.

My concern is the actual beam pattern. I have seen many where there are holes, giant U shaped beams that are useless for actual night driving.

BrockWI said:
My concern is the actual beam pattern. I have seen many where there are holes, giant U shaped beams that are useless for actual night driving.

I tried this setup tonight in my 2018 LEAF S. A few notes;

1. The LEDs are available from Amazon (and other places) and are made by Auxbeam.

Model number; H11 LED Headlight Bulb NF-S1 Series LED (2 pieces)

2. These do not use fans of any type.

3. The fit is direct replacement, however, you have to feed in the bulky plug in to the housing before securing the bulb assembly. Once that is done, the external cap screws on just fine. For a second I thought it wasn't going to work, but it does.

4. The light is much brighter than stock, and illuminates the road much better. Spread is adjustable via a tiny allen socket (no wrench included). However, the default beam pattern looks great.

The stock bulbs on the S are terrible, and it feels almost like I have no lights at all. This is a big improvement for about $35.

Back