User avatar
garygid
Gold Member
Posts: 12469
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:10 am
Delivery Date: 29 Mar 2011
Leaf Number: 000855
Location: Laguna Hills, Orange Co, CA

Re: Eco Design Package

Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:29 pm

OK, so there must be an easy way to replace the sparkley-blue console "cover".

I thought, long ago, I read that it was something "applied", but ... maybe that was wrong, or changed?
See SOC/GID-Meter and CAN-Do Info
2010 Prius
2011 LEAF, 2014 Tesla S85
2018 & 2019 Tesla Model 3
PU: SDG&E
Solar PV: 33 x 225W -> 7 kW max AC
Craigslist: Xm5000Li Electric Motorcycle

JimK
Posts: 33
Joined: Sat Jan 08, 2011 2:42 am
Delivery Date: 22 Apr 2011
Leaf Number: 1951

Re: Eco Design Package

Sun Apr 17, 2011 11:50 am

I fell into the same trap as many others, ordering the eco design package (ordered by phone) without knowing what it is. It looks like I won’t be able to remove the option from my order.

Has anyone successfully removed the side decal?

Has anyone replaced the center console with the standard piece?

P.S. EVDRIVER – I would only remove the decal after the CA rebate. :lol: :lol: :lol:

derkraut
Posts: 1519
Joined: Fri Jul 16, 2010 7:39 pm
Delivery Date: 14 Jun 2011
Leaf Number: 004248
Location: San Diego vicinity

Re: Eco Design Package

Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:08 pm

JimK wrote:I fell into the same trap as many others, ordering the eco design package (ordered by phone) without knowing what it is. It looks like I won’t be able to remove the option from my order.

Has anyone successfully removed the side decal?

Has anyone replaced the center console with the standard piece?

P.S. EVDRIVER – I would only remove the decal after the CA rebate. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Ready for this one? Here we go:

1. A month ago, I emailed my dealer and requested to remove the "Eco Design Package" while my order was still on "pending".
2. My dealer told me (politely) to talk to Nissan to have that done.
3. Nissan (CS) told me to talk to my dealer.
4. I told CS that I had already talked to my dealer.
5. CS said they'd have a conference call with my dealer and have it taken care of.
6. My dashboard changed to reflect that there was a change pending
7. two weeks ago, my delivery date changed from "pending" to "month of June".
8. Two days ago, CS called to advise me that my car was "in production", and there could be no changes.
CS (Pam) acknowledged that the ECO pkg was a Port-installed option, but that the paperwork could not be changed once the car was in production. :o
9. My dashboard changed to reflect that there were no pending changes.
10. WTF!

Isn't this FUN? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Derkraut
Color: Cayenne SLE, ETEC trim
reserved: 5/15/2010
Leaf del. 6/14/2011
New Traction battery installed on 7/28/2017:

JimK
Posts: 33
Joined: Sat Jan 08, 2011 2:42 am
Delivery Date: 22 Apr 2011
Leaf Number: 1951

Re: Eco Design Package

Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:41 pm

derkraut wrote: Ready for this one? Here we go:

1. A month ago, I emailed my dealer and requested to remove the "Eco Design Package" while my order was still on "pending".
2. My dealer told me (politely) to talk to Nissan to have that done.
3. Nissan (CS) told me to talk to my dealer.
4. I told CS that I had already talked to my dealer.
5. CS said they'd have a conference call with my dealer and have it taken care of.
6. My dashboard changed to reflect that there was a change pending
7. two weeks ago, my delivery date changed from "pending" to "month of June".
8. Two days ago, CS called to advise me that my car was "in production", and there could be no changes.
CS (Pam) acknowledged that the ECO pkg was a Port-installed option, but that the paperwork could not be changed once the car was in production. :o
9. My dashboard changed to reflect that there were no pending changes.
10. WTF!

Isn't this FUN? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
That’s why I’m giving up on canceling the “accessory” on my order. We need someone to go through the trash can in Long Beach, collect the consoles, and sell us back the original ones. :idea: :idea: :idea: Blue bling in a red car??? :o I don’t think so! I can’t imagine that I will like the decal either, so I plan on trying a slow peel process to remove it. I don’t know if that is possible and if the glue leaves a residue or not. To bad we can’t stop the application of this crap at the dock. :( I would even let them keep the money for the option at this point. :| Pictures would have been nice during the ordering process. :?

cardw
Posts: 66
Joined: Thu Nov 04, 2010 3:31 am

Re: Eco Design Package

Sun Apr 17, 2011 3:56 pm

The blue center console is applied over the black original. You could probably have someone remove it if you could clean the glue off.

This is confirmed because you can order this cover from parts and it has instructions on how to glue it over the original center console.

I will probably have mine removed and refinished to match my red exterior paint job.

When I ordered it I thought it would be like the Juke center console and be same as the exterior color of the car.
Red LEAF
Delivered on 1/11/11
Lodi, CA

cardw
Posts: 66
Joined: Thu Nov 04, 2010 3:31 am

Re: Eco Design Package

Sun Apr 17, 2011 3:58 pm

I also had my dealer remove the sticker and replace it with the standard Zero Emission badge that looks great.

I had to pay for the badges but my dealer didn't charge me for any service.
Red LEAF
Delivered on 1/11/11
Lodi, CA

JimK
Posts: 33
Joined: Sat Jan 08, 2011 2:42 am
Delivery Date: 22 Apr 2011
Leaf Number: 1951

Re: Eco Design Package

Sun Apr 17, 2011 7:45 pm

cardw wrote:I also had my dealer remove the sticker and replace it with the standard Zero Emission badge that looks great.

I had to pay for the badges but my dealer didn't charge me for any service.
Thanks for the good news! :D Now I know that if I don't like the way they look I can remove them. If you find a paint match for the console let me know. :)

eduardo21
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Apr 10, 2011 7:59 pm

Re: Eco Design Package

Sat May 14, 2011 12:30 pm

I removed the side decals and am going to replace with a personalized badge. The blue console and kickplates are not bad though.
Black SV-e
Leased on 05/06/2011
Blink installed April
Averaging 4.7 miles kWh
$.53 Per charge or 1.63 per 100 miles

ohisee
Posts: 20
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:31 pm
Delivery Date: 18 Aug 2011

Re: Eco Design Package

Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:07 am

Has anyone figured out how to change from blue to black? Planning on ordering a black one from nissan to see how it's installed

cardw
Posts: 66
Joined: Thu Nov 04, 2010 3:31 am

Re: Eco Design Package

Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:20 am

The black one is under the blue application. If you can get the glue off you will have your black one.
Red LEAF
Delivered on 1/11/11
Lodi, CA

Return to “Accessories / Mods”