Cargo Organizer + Tall Paper Grocery Bags + Cargo Cover ?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

margie100

Question: Will tall Paper Grocery Bags (the kind with handles from Whole Foods) fit on top of the "Cargo Organizer" and below the "Cargo Cover"? (I'm trying to decide if I should ask my dealer to swap the Cargo Organizer for the Cargo Net I ordered.)

Thanks!

margie100 said:
Question: Will tall Paper Grocery Bags (the kind with handles from Whole Foods) fit on top of the "Cargo Organizer" and below the "Cargo Cover"? (I'm trying to decide if I should ask my dealer to swap the Cargo Organizer for the Cargo Net I ordered.)

Thanks!

Good question! Cargo organizer looks very nifty and I'm considering getting it too...

Just measured it on my car.

There is 12 inches between the top of the cargo organizer and the bottom of the cargo cover....

Randy said:

There is 12 inches between the top of the cargo organizer and the bottom of the cargo cover....

Thanks for checking!

Well, I guess that won't work, unless there is a way to retract the cargo cover? (Like on the Prius.) All the pictures make it look like it is fixed.

margie100 said:
Randy said:

Thanks for checking!

Well, I guess that won't work, unless there is a way to retract the cargo cover? (Like on the Prius.) All the pictures make it look like it is fixed.

The cargo cover is indeed hinged, and relatively lightweight (it is automatically raised on two strings when you lift the hatchback) - I think it would just be pushed up by the bags, depending on what was in them...although if pushed up I imagine it could obscure some of your rear view?

But... I believe I've seen a picture of the cargo organizer which shows the lid (top) of the larger (left) side "stowed" vertically by sliding it into the slots within the organizer itself (as if it was an extra tall one of the partitions that you can configure within the organizer), allowing taller items to be...organized. Such as grocery bags. I suspect that the vertically stowed organizer lid still fits underneath the cargo cover. So you can do both, and you're still not limited by the gap between the two...hopefully someone who has one can try that out.

wsbca said:
margie100 said:
Randy said:

Thanks for checking!

The cargo cover is indeed hinged, and relatively lightweight (it is automatically raised on two strings when you lift the hatchback) - I think it would just be pushed up by the bags, depending on what was in them...although if pushed up I imagine it could obscure some of your rear view?

But... I believe I've seen a picture of the cargo organizer which shows the lid (top) of the larger (left) side "stowed" vertically by sliding it into the slots within the organizer itself (as if it was an extra tall one of the partitions that you can configure within the organizer), allowing taller items to be...organized. Such as grocery bags. I suspect that the vertically stowed organizer lid still fits underneath the cargo cover. So you can do both, and you're still not limited by the gap between the two...hopefully someone who has one can try that out.

I have one and yes this works fine. I haven't yet run into a store run where the space between the organizer and cover wasn't sufficient though. You also get a bunch of Nissan reusable grocery bags with the organizer and they work well too. I like the organizer a lot as it provides a nice clean and level surface if you want to drop the rear seats and carry something bigger. The storage in the organizer itself is also helpful for containing the trickle charger, manuals and a flashlight on the right side with the left side open available for whatever you like. The lids become vertical dividers easily as suggested. Let me know if you want pics - pm me please.

I have a few pictures of the cargo organizer here : http://bit.ly/haohFd

I put a box of kleenex sideways so you can judge the height between cargo cover and cargo organizer yourself. I also show the cargo organizer open with the lid as a divider.

Thanks for the pictures. I haven't given much thought to the cargo area. I haven't acutally seen a LEAF in real life yet. I now understand turbo2ltr comments about hitting his head on the cargo cover. I have always hated that type of cargo cover. I had expected the cargo cover to be similar to the Prius cargo cover which is very simple and retracted so it is mostly out of the way when you have something taller and is easily removed when you put the seats down. :(

Back