Msportronics
Delivery Date: 09 Dec 2015

Re: Hacking the VSP Box (Noise Maker)

Wed Dec 09, 2015 4:23 pm

I have an easy and reliable source for the VSP off switch that fits the newer 12' and up Leaf. I have tested the switch itself and have everything working. Waiting on some Sumitomo terminals and connector to finalize the design. More info soon.

ltbighorn
Delivery Date: 08 Nov 2015

Mon Dec 14, 2015 1:10 am

Look forward to an update Msportronics! While most of the time I'm fine with the VSP, sometimes I really want to shut it off -- like backing out of my driveway at 2am.

knightmb
Delivery Date: 15 Sep 2013
Leaf Number: 414897

Mon Dec 14, 2015 1:26 am

ltbighorn wrote:Look forward to an update Msportronics! While most of the time I'm fine with the VSP, sometimes I really want to shut it off -- like backing out of my driveway at 2am.
That's what Neutral is for :D

ddurandd
Delivery Date: 12 Jan 2012

Mon Dec 14, 2015 2:51 pm

I hooked up a temporary switch to momentarily ground pin 5 on the VSP on my 2013. Thank you all for this info - I like being quiet early in the morning when I leave for work. I would really like to get a hold of that switch in the picture.

ltbighorn

Mon Dec 14, 2015 3:14 pm

knightmb wrote:
ltbighorn wrote:Look forward to an update Msportronics! While most of the time I'm fine with the VSP, sometimes I really want to shut it off -- like backing out of my driveway at 2am.
Believe me, I've been tempted. The street is a little too tight and the drive not quite sloped enough to make that a "safe" maneuver, but boy have I been tempted.

knightmb
Delivery Date: 15 Sep 2013
Leaf Number: 414897

Mon Dec 14, 2015 3:18 pm

ltbighorn wrote:
knightmb wrote:
Believe me, I've been tempted. The street is a little too tight and the drive not quite sloped enough to make that a "safe" maneuver, but boy have I been tempted.
That's how I sneak away from my wife :mrgreen: Otherwise the Reverse "ding" alerts the whole family that I am trying to escape.

ltbighorn

Mon Dec 14, 2015 4:08 pm

knightmb wrote: That's how I sneak away from my wife :mrgreen: Otherwise the Reverse "ding" alerts the whole family that I am trying to escape.
Well played. The garage door unfortunately ruins my chances of that. It'd be nice to escape without the entire neighborhood knowing though. :D

aminorjourney

Sat Jan 23, 2016 6:16 pm

Do we have any updates on the thread yet? Was talking about this with someone the other day :)
Nikki Gordon-Bloomfield

Editor, co-founder, transportevolved.com
Mom, Troublemaker.

http://about.me/aminorjourney/bio" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Msportronics

Mon Feb 01, 2016 9:05 pm

Sorry for the delayed update, I have been pretty busy at work. My neighbor had contacted me about turning the VSP off, which is how I found my way into this project. I have a reliable source for the factory Nissan switch at a cost around $20 with shipping. I am looking for a closer source to possibly drop that price in half. I have tested the switch and it works perfectly. I have a few sources for the connector and terminals, but I am attempting to find a local source that doesn't require a large minimum order. The pin allocation for the switch is as follows:

PIN #
1 Blank
2 VSP Indicator Light (Trigger from VSP Control Unit)
3 Ignition +12V Supply
4 Illumination Ground
5 Illumination +12V Supply
6 Ground
7 Switch Output (Trigger to VSP Control Unit)
8 Blank

I will try to get everything setup this week and hope for a shipment to arrive by early next week. I'll write up an install procedure and make a how-to video. Thank you for your patience.

Msportronics

Wed Feb 10, 2016 12:32 pm

Good news, I have found a local supplier for the connectors and terminals that require no minimum order. Prices are reasonable and they have plenty of stock. I should have some time over the weekend to build the prototype harness and post results next week.

Return to “Accessories / Mods”