Replace front seats 2013 SL

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GarrettP1

Just purchased a 2013 SL with the leather seats.

The seats are fine for me, but not so great for my wife who is quite petite at 5'1".
I'd like to swap out the seats for a set with power adjustment (forward-back-recline-and most importantly UP)

The seats in our Murano LE are great (no, not to swap out, but in terms of comfort and fit).

Any suggestions as to which Nissan front seats I should look for as replacements?
Fronts are available all the time from both cars that are totaled out, and from cars like the 370Z where race-replacement seats are put in for customization.

Suggestions?

Thanks!
Garrett

GarrettP1 said:
The seats are fine for me, but not so great for my wife who is quite petite at 5'1".
What issue does she have with the seats?

I adjusted the seats in my '12 to raise the front for more thigh support, and I'm not tall (5'9").

At maximum height, the seats are not tall enough for her liking.

She is 5'1" tall.
A booster cushion works, but we are thinking of something that works better; hence the replacement seats.

G.

Well that's a quick and easy fix. much better than changing the entire seat. You might want to use a piece of square steel tubing if 3/4" of washers is not high enough. You'll most likely will have to drill the holes bigger. You might also be able to install two long pieces across the bottom rails. You'll just need longer bolts.

201329091029513261-Telespar-Square-Tubing-Perforated-Sign-Post.jpg

garsh said:
Here's a description of the mod to raise the front portion of the seat. You may be able to do the same thing at the rear to raise the entire seat. If so, that might be the easiest solution to your problem.

Thank you all.

None of this changes the fact that a relatively expensive sedan (Leaf SL) doesn't have seats that are:

a) Power adjust

b) adjustable for a wide range of heights

That's kind of crazy for a $38K automobile.

Switching out seats lets us alternate heights (I'm 6' tall, she's 5'1") quickly,
and make other adjustments with minimal effort.

G.

GarrettP1 said:
... That's kind of crazy for a $38K automobile. ...
You have to think of it as as a mid $20K vehicle with a real expensive battery. An ICE car at that price would be a lower-end luxury car, but the LEAF isn't a luxury car.

GarrettP1 said:
Thank you all.

None of this changes the fact that a relatively expensive sedan (Leaf SL) doesn't have seats that are:

a) Power adjust

b) adjustable for a wide range of heights

That's kind of crazy for a $38K automobile.

Switching out seats lets us alternate heights (I'm 6' tall, she's 5'1") quickly,
and make other adjustments with minimal effort.

G.

I'm not sure what the issue is. I'm 6' 3" and my wife is 5' 0" and nether of us have issues with the seat height.

I'm only 5'4" and I sit higher in the Leaf than any other car I've owned. There must be something that isn't "cranked" up enough. I can understand why there's no power seats in an EV...

When I had my Jeep Wrangler I got some seat risers. It was a block of metal (i believe steel) with a hole in it. It came with longer screws but you'd probably need different ones for the leaf. Probably safer than square tubing. If you do it just make sure to get the right grade bolts. just search quadratec.com I believe thats where I got them at.

In case it's helpful to someone else, I raised the driver's seat in our LEAF using (4) 15mm sockets as spacers - strong and cheap too. Also, I purchased longer high strength steel bolts, for cheap, on Amazon.

Back