I just completed this Mod for my 2015 LEAF.
I used the following items:
1. a Xantrex pure sine wave 1000w (200w surge) inverter - $265
2. some #2 AWG flexible red & black copper wire - $29
3. some #2 AWG 3/8" copper battery eyelets with heat shrink - $13
3. a RED connector with "2-4" AWG pins that I was able to get quickly (not the 12V yellow one referenced throughout this post) - $17
4. a inline 150 amp fuse - $13
5. a 6" long 2" x 1/4" piece of aluminum bar stock I had on hand
6. Some misc screws
So far I have hooked it up to several items in my garage and they have all happily worked...
Here is a photo showing my wiring setup from the connector to the battery. This is pretty easy to accomplish and the only additional tool I needed to order was a hydraulic crimper (I found a cheap one on eBay for $30).