jelloslug
Delivery Date: 22 Mar 2013

Re: How To: Reverse Backup Camera for SV Model w/ OEM Telema

Wed Aug 14, 2013 2:56 pm

ruradium wrote:
I tested, there is about 6.2 volt between the power lines, I assumed it is. (I hook the power lines of the camera to pin 39, 59)
I'm at a loss then. If you have power and it's going into reverse mode when you shift into reverse then it should work.

ruradium
Delivery Date: 07 Aug 2013

Sun Aug 18, 2013 11:05 pm

jelloslug wrote:
ruradium wrote:
I tested, there is about 6.2 volt between the power lines, I assumed it is. (I hook the power lines of the camera to pin 39, 59)
I'm at a loss then. If you have power and it's going into reverse mode when you shift into reverse then it should work.
Finally, I gave up the OEM camera and get the third-party camera work following the steps as Radius88 suggested.
But now I have my airbag light flashing, tried the reset trick, but no luck.

ruradium
Delivery Date: 07 Aug 2013

Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:16 pm

jelloslug wrote:
ruradium wrote:
hi, jelloslug, do you know where I can find the leaf service manual?
I would like to see if it is possible to fix the flashing airbag light myself. It currently throw out an error code "12".

jelloslug

Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:34 pm

ruradium wrote:
jelloslug wrote:
ruradium wrote:
hi, jelloslug, do you know where I can find the leaf service manual?
I would like to see if it is possible to fix the flashing airbag light myself. It currently throw out an error code "12".
I sent you a PM

jawshoeaw
Delivery Date: 14 Mar 2013

Sun Sep 22, 2013 11:37 am

jelloslug wrote:
ruradium wrote:
******all of the above was for getting ready to install an oem camera.....

Okay so I ordered a OEM camera two listed I picked the one that said it works with the SL
I assume that both would work with probably just different connectors ???
I got it the other day and there are four wires in an eight position connector (the other positions are blank)
Black
red
White
Yellow

Any idea on what goes to what ? (power input, signal out etc....)
Also can some one confirm that the camera only use 6.2volts for input power ?

I tired connecting it up but can't get an image on the Nav unit, keep in Mind I CAN get an image on the nav unit using a non OEM camera ! ***this is driving me nuts*****
either I got a bad OEM camera or I broke it trying to connect it up...... OR I am not connecting up the right pins to the right thing

I have two wires running all the way to the nav unit pins (40 camera input video) and 60 camera shield for video
If I connect my non oem camera to those wires I get a picture just fine
if I connect the oem camera I get nothing but black, I think I have tired all different combinations

Any body out there done this on a 2013 SL without the Premium package ?
ANy help would be great ..........
Hi, Skyffej
Did you solve this problem? I cannot make the OEM camera work either.
Is the camera getting power?

The connectrs in the back do not go anywhere - ie if you plug on oem camera it looks like it's prewired
- it isn't

I had no problem wiring in audivox on my sl but I had to run video cable to head unit from back

toucansma
Delivery Date: 05 Feb 2013

Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:00 am

Okay so I ordered a OEM camera two listed I picked the one that said it works with the SL
I assume that both would work with probably just different connectors ???
I got it the other day and there are four wires in an eight position connector (the other positions are blank)
Black
red
White
Yellow

Any idea on what goes to what ? (power input, signal out etc....)
Also can some one confirm that the camera only use 6.2volts for input power ?

I tired connecting it up but can't get an image on the Nav unit, keep in Mind I CAN get an image on the nav unit using a non OEM camera ! ***this is driving me nuts*****
either I got a bad OEM camera or I broke it trying to connect it up...... OR I am not connecting up the right pins to the right thing

I have two wires running all the way to the nav unit pins (40 camera input video) and 60 camera shield for video
If I connect my non oem camera to those wires I get a picture just fine
if I connect the oem camera I get nothing but black, I think I have tired all different combinations

Any body out there done this on a 2013 SL without the Premium package ?
ANy help would be great ..........[/quote]

Hi, Skyffej
Did you solve this problem? I cannot make the OEM camera work either.[/quote]
Is the camera getting power?[/quote]

The connectrs in the back do not go anywhere - ie if you plug on oem camera it looks like it's prewired
- it isn't

I had no problem wiring in audivox on my sl but I had to run video cable to head unit from back[/quote]

Any verdict on 2013 SV ? Nav/no Bose.

goaliepride
Delivery Date: 30 Sep 2013

Tue Oct 15, 2013 6:50 am

I would love it if the next person to attempt this on a 2013 SV could post their step by step with pictures.
2013 SV w/Charge & Headlight package
http://theevlife.wordpress.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

jmeitz
Leaf Number: 402856

Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:01 am

goaliepride wrote:I would love it if the next person to attempt this on a 2013 SV could post their step by step with pictures.
I dont think anyone with a 2013 leaf SV has been able to get their to work.
2013 Leaf SV - Pearl White
Level 2 charger - Clipper Creek LCS-25

SailorFrag
Delivery Date: 29 Mar 2013
Leaf Number: 401838

Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:25 am

I've been lurking on this thread and the one about adding the camera to the S. I'm going to get a copy of the service manual and see if I can pull it off on my 2013 SV. Might take a while though, I've got two young children + lots of projects already. I might have results to talk about early next year.

Ramius83
Delivery Date: 24 Sep 2012
Leaf Number: 022865

Tue Nov 19, 2013 7:45 pm

Ok guys, I know it has been a while since I was here. So I thought that I would just chime in.

First, I need to go back and edit my original post. This write-up is only to be applied to all 2011-2012 Leafs. It, for the most part, is slightly different to that of the 2013+ models. I have successfully added an Audiovox camera like the one I used in my write-up in over 5 2011-2012 Leafs with no problem.

Second, I did successfully a rear view camera using all of the OEM equipment to an 2013 SL model that did not have any rear view camera or all around view. I used the parts list from that one post that someone did with the OEM part numbers. I did NOT need the actual rear hatch harness because that SL already had the 4 camera wires and connector at the hatch where the camera would plug in to. The very first time I put the car into reverse, it worked like a charm.

Third, on the same car above, I tried to wire in an after-market Audiovox camera, the same one I used on my write-up. I hard-wired the camera to the connector at the left rear C-pillar. I could NOT get the camera to give me an image on the display. I even tried a second camera with no luck. But the second I connected the OEM camera back up, it worked. I do not know if there is something behind this or not, but nonetheless, it did not work until the OEM was hooked back up.

I am trying to get my sales team at the dealership to try to let me add an OEM camera set-up to an SV model, at their cost. The moment I do and have results, I will post here for sure. I think, at this moment, the best option to adding a rear view camera to any Leaf would be to go the OEM route. The parts alone cost me about $240, which includes the camera, hatch handle, and all wiring. I think that this is the route to go for ease of install and OEM look.

As soon as I have an answer, I will post up here.

Return to “Accessories / Mods”