2016 Altima Power Window Switch (lighted buttons!)

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi all, I've got a 2020 Leaf SL Plus and from what I can tell from this thread, I've got the same driver and passenger side button console with still only one light under the driver-side window button, but none under the other buttons!

I assume nobody has tried this upgrade on a more recent gen2 Leaf yet, right? I'll have to give it a shot, I guess. Thanks all for sharing your research!

This can be done on a 2022 2nd Gen.. just did both swaps on driver and passenger side. Thanks for this forum!!

Memnarch1113 said:
Hi all, I've got a 2020 Leaf SL Plus and from what I can tell from this thread, I've got the same driver and passenger side button console with still only one light under the driver-side window button, but none under the other buttons!

I assume nobody has tried this upgrade on a more recent gen2 Leaf yet, right? I'll have to give it a shot, I guess. Thanks all for sharing your research!

Just did the swap.. works on driver & passenger side switch... easy upgrade indeed..

estomax said:
ok, in my rush of research I am pretty sure that the maxima passenger window switch will not do the trick because the maxima power switch motor uses an encoder like the driver side on the maxima and leaf. However, I started taking the switches apart and comparing them and made another neat discovery.

The switches on both cars have see through buttons, the only difference is the presence of an LED on one and the lack of an LED on the other circuit board right below the button. The crazy thing is the LED circuitry is all there on both window switch PCBs! I can't find an LED component sitting around my house right now but I will test this tomorrow, I might merely need to solder an amber LED onto the board and voila - done.

some more pictures for documentation purposes:
first, don't be an idiot and scratch your trim like me. You need to pull up on the lower left corner, use plastic tools. Not a screwdriver because that was the closest sharp object :roll:
gf4iPym.jpg

maxima door lock button
qnuqIGA.jpg

leaf door lock button
xB9wRL9.jpg

maxima window disable button
5OtGo1A.jpg

leaf window disable button
C7pGDAV.jpg

proof that buttons are see through
EMzpR5m.jpg

circuit board out of the housing (comes out easy)
qDOX3oP.jpg

and the block diagram of the window functionality Maxima vs Leaf
vN6BCF7.png

that's all for tonight.

PS, one public information request, if anyone has access to a friend with a 2013-2016 Altima, they also have the same door switch, more similar to the Leaf, maybe they have LEDs in there already? can anyone confirm?
r1gNnOC.jpg

Marko

Hi Marko,
Is it easy to pop-out the buttons for the lock/disable one? I want to swap them out. Thanks!

Yeah the buttons come apart fairly easily once you have the switch out, just need some small flat blade screw drivers to get the tabs back and open the whole thing up.

Leafof3 said:
This can be done on a 2022 2nd Gen.. just did both swaps on driver and passenger side. Thanks for this forum!!

Cool! Where'd you get the switches? I'm seeing a bunch of aftermarket ones on eBay and am worried they are not illuminated. Altima is not sold in Europe so I can't pop down to the nearest Nissan dealer :(

EDIT: aight, found some on AliExpress with the same part number. Might order this one, the reviews show photos with illuminated switches: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005004966711755.html
The seller has the passenger side ones in stock too; but those don't have any reviews yet. Worth the risk, I guess!

estomax said:
Yeah the buttons come apart fairly easily once you have the switch out, just need some small flat blade screw drivers to get the tabs back and open the whole thing up.

I don’t have to open the internal components? Just pop the sides on each buttons? Thanks for the advices.

CeladonCityNPC said:
Leafof3 said:

Cool! Where'd you get the switches? I'm seeing a bunch of aftermarket ones on eBay and am worried they are not illuminated. Altima is not sold in Europe so I can't pop down to the nearest Nissan dealer :(

EDIT: aight, found some on AliExpress with the same part number. Might order this one, the reviews show photos with illuminated switches: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005004966711755.html
The seller has the passenger side ones in stock too; but those don't have any reviews yet. Worth the risk, I guess!

Ebay was good price for me.. thanks!

Leafof3 said:
estomax said:

I don’t have to open the internal components? Just pop the sides on each buttons? Thanks for the advices.

i don't remember the details, just that i used two small screwdrivers to hold tabs open as i took the thing apart. give it a try :)

Leafof3 said:
CeladonCityNPC said:
Leafof3 said:

Ebay was good price for me.. thanks!
Thanks a lot, I took the plunge with the AliExpress seller, both the driver side and passenger side fit and are illuminated.

Going to try again with the proper Altima switches and thanks for the post on the Juke ones for the rear!

Last edited:
Hi,
tried to do the same swap. works like a charm on the passenger side. but for the driver side, I ordered two different parts. and both parts work for opening and closing but don't light up the LED for door lock/unlock. Before I dive deeper, wanted to confirm that these should simply switch out and work without any further changes? 2014 SL

I ordered: Power Window Switch For Nissan Sentra 2013-2019 Nissan Altima 2013-18 Front Left | eBay (Power Window Switch For Nissan Sentra 2013-2019 Nissan Altima 2013-18 Front Left
Interchange Part Number
25401-3TA5A,25401-3SH1A ,25401-1KA0A)

and
For 2013-2018 Nissan Rogue Driver Power Master Window Control Door Lock Switch | eBay (For 2013-2018 Nissan Rogue Driver Power Master Window Control Door Lock Switch (
Interchange Part Number
25401 3NF0A)

and both work the same as the original switch, without additional LED.

Not sure if I am missing something or am ordering the wrong part.

I recently updated my switches on my 2018, I ordered a full set of switches off aliexpress (front and back). Here are the results:

Attachments

• 20240201_121211.jpg
    20240201_121211.jpg
    852.7 KB · Views: 0
  • 20240201_182150.jpg
    20240201_182150.jpg
    279.7 KB · Views: 0

Thinking of buying, it's cheap enough, but not sure if it will work. Have the 2019 SL Plus, only the driver window and the mirror toggle buttons are illuminated I think.

Do you have the link to the passenger side one as well? Looks like it may be part 25411-3ta1a, not sure though, is this the one? https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256805871015850.html

Found a whole set: https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256805793646836.html

Last edited:
Back