Apple CarPlay - USB 1 or USB 2

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marktm

Leaf Supporting Member
My 2021 SV Plus has two USB ports (labeled 1&2). I read somewhere in the multitudinous manuals that "more features" are available using USB 1 (type C). I'm using port 2 (type A), and only a few of my iphone icons show up. I've ordered the "lightening" to USB C cable and will report any differences. However, does anyone have experience with what "more features" there are - and how to better access them?

Being that they are both part of the same USB bus and it's only the shape of the connector, I don't know what "more" features it would provide.

knightmb said:
Being that they are both part of the same USB bus and it's only the shape of the connector, I don't know what "more" features it would provide.
FWIW, even two USB A ports on the same bus won't necessarily provide the same connection speed or power.

jlv said:
knightmb said:
FWIW, even two USB A ports on the same bus won't necessarily provide the same connection speed or power.

True that. I had a few "C" to thunderbolt cords lying around here so that is what I used from day one so I cannot tell you what the difference is except my setup works fine. iPhone 12 mini.

I don't think the "C" has a significantly higher output in regards to charging. Maybe equal to USB 3.0. Just my seat of the pants guess because using a high output "C" based charger at home seems a lot faster.

If you have a phone app that can measure charging power, I tried it on mine. Seemed to measure about 2,000 mA in both ports. Better than the 500 mA for USB basic. Not quick charge kind of power like at home, but more than enough to power a phone and charge at the same time.

Back