2019 Leaf S replace head unit for touchscreen/CarPlay

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tinaCA

We are halfway through the lease on our 2019 Leaf S (no touchscreen). For several reasons there’s a strong chance we may want to purchase the car at end of lease (only have 6000 miles on it so far, scraped bumper and panel DIY touched up that will need proper painting vs excess wear charges, etc). However we are very unsatisfied with the factory non-touchscreen display interface and the lack of nav capabilities.

Ideally I’d like to swap out the head unit for an OEM touchscreen from/for a higher trim model so that we don’t need to change speakers or other components, and could swap back if we decide to turn in the vehicle at the end of the lease. Does anyone have info on how difficult this is? Or is there another suggestion we could try?

Otherwise I guess I’ll just have to buy a phone mount for the dash so when I occasionally need the visual on turn by turn nav I can get it. Siri is not so great in the car without CarPlay though unless you set to never lock the screen.

From my Infiniti experience I would guess updating the screen to a newer one could be a costly and ultimately futile endeavor. Just an educated guess.

You can indeed access Siri when locked. Settings > Siri&search > Allow Siri When Locked.

Back