Google Sent to Car

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnnybegoode

I'm able to send destinations to my car on Google Map.
However on the menu of my 2012 Navigation,
I do not have the "Google sent to car" option.
Is there any way to update my car's navigation system menu?
Is there any way to update the navigation system's firmware?

Even if it were there, you aren't missing much. I tried it a few times on my '13 SV w/premium but have not bothered with it since.

That said, my Leaf is hardly driven now, mainly due to COVID and no free juice from https://drivethearc.com/ since my Leaf doesn't have CHAdeMO. https://drivethearc.com/ has been offering free/discounted CCS juice (which I take advantage of with my Bolt) since sometime in early 2020 but that will be ending in a few days. :(

So, Leaf might be driven a it more soon...

Prior to COVID, I was L2 charging my EVs for free at work. But now, I'm WFH.

cwerdna said:
Even if it were there, you aren't missing much. I tried it a few times on my '13 SV w/premium but have not bothered with it since. ...

+1. I tried it once or twice early on. Felt more like a Science Fair project than a convenience. Any complicated routing is far better done directly with a smartphone.

I figure it out.
In the vehicle press the zero emission button (lower right side next to navigation screen).
Select "CARWINGS".
Select "All Information Feeds".
Select "Google Maps".
Select "Send to Car".
Wait while screen says "Connecting to center".
Wait while screen says "Downloading info".
Once the system begins to read destination and display on map touch "pause".
Select "New Dest." to set as destination or Select "Add to Route" to set as waypoint.

You could also send to car via the ConnectEV app under Route Planner

I prefer the in-car navigation because
1) 3d map
2) Lane Guidance
3) Listen to the radio and the navigation at the same time (I adjust the navigation louder to drown out the radio).
(I would have to use Bluetooth audio if using my phone for navigation - no Radio)
4) Bigger screen
5) Free up my cellphone for Leaf Spy Pro

Back