ProAssist and ICC buttons

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Houdi

Hi,

My 2018 Leaf (UK) has both the blue ProAssist and ICC buttons on the steering wheel.

I can use the ProAssist button without issue but pressing the ICC button makes things change on the dashboard display but stops the car from maintaining speed.

Can anyone explain what the ICC button is used for when there is also the blue button, and how to use it correctly please?

Thanks

In the US the buttons are called "Pro Pilot" and "Adaptive Cruise Control. IIRC. You have to press the Blue Pro Pilot button first. Then, when Pro Pilot is active, the Set button for the cruise control will activate ACC/ICC. There is also a button to choose between three following distances.

Also in the US if you long press the blue pro pilot button the standard cruise control icon lights up instead & you have traditional cruise control with out any of the LKA, car controlled following distance, etc. An interesting anecdote is std cruise accelerates to the set speed quite a bit slower than pro pilot but the minimum speed is 25mph instead of 20mph for pro pilot

Perhaps try long pressing some of your buttons & see what happens

And if you turn off the steering control via the button to the left of the steering wheel next to the charge door release button Pro pilot becomes adaptive cruise control.

Also in the US if you long press the blue pro pilot button the standard cruise control icon lights up instead & you have traditional cruise control with out any of the LKA, car controlled following distance, etc.

Isn't it the Set (speed) button you have to long press? I'm honestly not sure, as I haven't done it since the car was new.

LeftieBiker said:
Also in the US if you long press the blue pro pilot button the standard cruise control icon lights up instead & you have traditional cruise control with out any of the LKA, car controlled following distance, etc.

Isn't it the Set (speed) button you have to long press? I'm honestly not sure, as I haven't done it since the car was new.

Nope it's the blue button. Where I live typically use pro pilot on the freeway & regular c/c on surface streets because less than 50% have painted lines on both sides so pro pilot is less effective & I really hate the vibrating steering wheel when I don't keep the car centered enough for the mobil eye system so I use std c/c multiple times each day & I have to turn pro pilot off & then long press the blue button to activate std c/c.

I believe the UK cars have an option the US cars do not. The ability to set a max speed in addition to the various cruise and assist options.
Having never seen a UK car I don't have direct experience.
There must be some internet info about the use of these controls.
I would think you would set you max speed first then activate any cruise functions.
Hope this helps,
Greg

Back