iPhone wont play music over the car stereo

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Larz

Edit: this has been solved, check my last reply for solution

Hi, I've encountered a strange issue, and im not sure if its something to do with the leaf, or my iphone.
Connecting my phone to my car through bluetooth has been no problem up until last week.
I can connect my iphone to the car, and it will pop up on the screen that my iphone is connected, however if I open spotify, and press play, it pauses instantly. If i try to start it again, it shows as if its playing on my iphone, but no sound is coming. It also opens spotify in "car mode". The leaf is however not playing any of the music. This is the same if I open apple music, or even google maps for directions. I cant make calls either. I thought it possibly was something with my iphone, but I can connect it problemfree to my bluetooth speakers, and it will play the music.

I also rented a Nissan E-NV200 for the weekend, and the exact same problem happened. The iphone connects, however its not playing any music. Has anyone here gotten this issue?

Its an iphone X, with the newest iOS

So, the use cases that you mentioned above worked fine on that exact phone and vehicle before? If so, I'd try rebooting your phone and/or unpairing then re-pairing your phone and head unit...

I can guess you're not in the US since we don't have e-NV200 in the US. Nissan hasn't yet decided to sell/lease it here at all.

This could be an access control issue.

In Settings, go to Face ID & Passcode or Touch ID & Passcode, and turn on USB Accessories under Allow Access When Locked.

I had a similar issue with my iPhone, and this setting cured it immediately.

Thanks for the replies.
This is now resolved, and the solution does not really make any sense but here it is:
1. Pressed play on Spotify on my phone, it paused 3 times automatically, pressed play until it was showing as if it’s playing from the phone.
2. Pressed “AUX” on the display in the leaf
3. Here it was showing that the song was actually playing, but no sound
4. Pressed pause on the leaf display
5. Pressed play on the leaf display
6. Music started playing again

Back