About ordering a new SD card for 2017 leaf.

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maboc

This past weekend I traded in my 2014 S for a 2017 SL. I am very happy with it, but there is one problem. It didn;t come with the SD card. I asked about it at the dealership, and they don't remove them according to the salesman. I even called parts and service that night and they confirmed this. So I guess I need to buy one, I really dont like having to repair my bluetooth everytime I drive etc.

So I found this on NIssans website, and thought "Perfect, that seems to be it!" But then reading on I saw it say on how to get the info needed to order one
" 1) Push 'Information'
2) Push 'Navigation Version'
3) Record the Serial Number (should be 8 digits) and may contain leading 0's (omit the hyphen)"

My info panel is greyed out, like the navigation is, meaning I can't access what they are asking me to.
HEcQrAt.jpg

So I called the Nissan dealership (the lot I got mine at said they would be happy to help source one, but they would probably just get it through the dealership anyway, so to give them a call first). They asked the last 8 digits of my VIN number, and said over the phone they had one that would work for me. SO that got me thinking, are those the numbers that would be in the info tab of the navigation screen?

The difference in price is quite a lot. $130 on Nissans site vs $420 from the dealership. I would really prefer to save that $290 and wait a couple weeks for delivery if I could!

If it is indeed the last 8 of the VIN, or if someone knows a way to access the info I needed that would be a great help. I have tried calling Nissan support, and they are all but useless.

Thanks for the help!

It's possible, with an SD reader and the right software, to "pair" a locked SD card to your 2017. Having said that, I only lightly researched this for a friend. He was able to obtain the missing SD card from the dealer, so he didn't end up needing the hack.

Here's just one YouTube video that shows the steps:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=juucQTQKHC4

A Google search for: Nissan SD card unlock

Will give you a good starting point.

Back