Nav enhancement

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Luft

I think an enhanced nav system could be useful. Given the range limitation of the Leaf it would be nice to be able to tell the nav that I intend to return home as my final destination then as I approach the "point of no return" it could warn me. This would allow me to travel to a distant town, do some running around there and return safely with less fear of getting stranded.

OK, then make "Home" your final destination, adding some "other" point (way-point) that you intend to go through after leaving the house, even nearby.

After the "way-point", the Nav should always be estimating if you can get home.

OR, easier:
Once you are a block or two from Home, just select Home as your destination, adding way-points as needed to navigate your "trip".

I won't necessarily want to go to a particular location. Let's say I just want to go for a Sunday drive in the country.

It would be a nice touch if the nav system would know that I planned on returning home and warned me when to head back. It might also plot the most efficient way back for me.

That's not a bad option and I will use it until a better way is available. However wouldn't the nav system keep telling me turn on this or that street?

I just want the nav system to remain silent until my range is about equal to the distance to my home plus a few "buffer miles." Then and only then I would want the nav system to speak to me and let me know that I need to head back to my final destination.

For me this would make dinging around in my new Leaf more enjoyable since I wouldn't have to keep an eye on my range. Just drive until the car tells me to go home. Pure joy!

Back