Nissan Connect EV Services totally lose your vehicle

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

knightmb

I don't know if I've read about it here before, but I know at least one family member that this has happened to last year. Basically, the Nissan EV Connect Services completely loses your car info. You have to re-add and re-activate your vehicle as though it was brand new to the services.

This happened to me today when I got an e-mail that I had "requested" cancellation of all services. At first I thought it was a spam/scam message, but when I opened up the phone app, sure enough, no vehicle found. It took all of a few minutes to login to the Nissan portal, type the full VIN number back and and re-activate services. It actually kept all my "settings" for the vehicle, so it was just time lost, but I did notice it wiped out all of my months of data gathering for the vehicle. I called Nissan Tech support, but they were unable to recover the lost data. It couldn't have come at a worse time for me, data wise, so yeah, frustrating.... :evil:

Has this happened to anyone else here recently? :(
Dear XYZ,

We have processed your request to cancel all NissanConnect® Services powered by SiriusXM® for the vehicle identified below:
Your Vehicle:
2020 Nissan LEAF
VIN: ****306291

I was reading on some other Leaf groups, this seems to have happened to a lot of other people. It's easy to re-activate the VIN, but you lose all your charge history and kind of start over on some of the settings. Not sure if it is a major website glitch or some annoying hack on the website. :?

Back