On the hunt....SOH question

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Serge

I’m looking for a 2015/2016 leaf for under $8,000 and decent battery life. I saw one at the local dealer but the SOH Was at 78%, which I think is too low for my comfort.
The car had 38,517 miles, year 2016, 3 quick charges and 2142 L1/L2. Basically, that’s a charge every 17 miles. Do you think,this,is,why the SOH was 78% or could it be because it is south Florida and pretty hot here year round?

If the Leaf is an SV or SL, or a later-build S, then it has the 30kwh battery, and those batteries are known to fade fast in Hot climates. Sometimes even in warm climates. That's why I dubbed that version of the battery the "Lettuce Pack." ;)

Serge said:
I’m looking for a 2015/2016 leaf for under $8,000 and decent battery life. I saw one at the local dealer but the SOH Was at 78%, which I think is too low for my comfort.
The car had 38,517 miles, year 2016, 3 quick charges and 2142 L1/L2. Basically, that’s a charge every 17 miles. Do you think,this,is,why the SOH was 78% or could it be because it is south Florida and pretty hot here year round?
I wouldn't read much into the L1/L2 charge numbers, people could also just plug the car in for an hour or less while shopping or things like that. In the case of FL, yes I'd believe heat is probably the biggest factor in the low battery health, that and if the original owner left the car at a relatively high SOC for days on end or frequently topped it off.

Back