Low Rolling Resistance Tires

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fusionenterprise

I am replacing tires for the first time on 2017 Leaf and would like suggestions that take range into account. Energy Saver Michelins are out of stock at Costco (Covid closings?) and they are a bit pricey. Looking for range drop estimates for not going with LRRT and for suggestions for going high efficiency.

I have the Ecopia Plus tires and they seem to be wearing quite a bit better than the OEM Ecopia (non-plus) that came with my 2017 S.

goldbrick said:
I have the Ecopia Plus tires and they seem to be wearing quite a bit better than the OEM Ecopia (non-plus) that came with my 2017 S.
Yes the OEM Ecopias are crap quality, made for a very low price-point for Nissan, my Ecopia +'s already have more miles than my OEM Ecopias and are probably only half worn, both Ecopias seem to have excellent LRR.

In leaf size tires the Michelin energy saver tires appear to be best followed by the ecopia tires.
I was able to score Michelin tires off ebay for my leaf delivered to my door for about $100 each 2 months ago.
I paid $150 each a year and a half ago.
With this trumpvirus thing people just stopped buying tires there for a while, tire manufacturing plants that didn't make tractor trailer and commercial delivery truck size tires shutdown for a while. For example This summer Yokohama tire in Roanoke VA which makws car suv and pickup size tires shutdown for a month because all the warehouses were full because there was no "summer driving session".

My experience is that Ecopia Plus tires are far superior in wet braking traction (if they are inflated to 44 psi), handling, and wear rate to the OEM Michelin Energy Saver A/S tires that came on both 2015 and 2019. Although I don't have enough data to prove it, I think the Ecopias are also lower in overall rolling resistance (higher in energy efficiency) than the Michelins. I will never buy Michelin Energy Savers based upon my experience with the OEM tires on the 2015 and 2019. I use Michelins on my motorcycles and Michelin makes good performance car tires, but the OEM Energy Savers are the worst radial tires I have owned.

Back