2017 owners beating the FlipTheFleet prediction?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

specialgreen

After the LBC battery correction, FlipTheFleet was predicting that at 3 years, the 30kwhr battery would be just under 90% SOH:

decay_comparison-768x579.png

I'm a few weeks over 3 years, with 36k miles, and SOH is 88.96% and 323 GIDs.... pretty much exactly where FlipTheFleet predicted.
(measurement taken after running SOC down to 10%, then DCFC up to 97%, then driving home (down to 90%) and L1 charging until balanced and done). The result surprised me a bit, since I live in Minnesota, and figured that I'd outperform the fleet average. Probably also surprised because I hadn't checked in a year, and I think year 3 SOH dropped as much as years 1-2 put together.

Anybody else with a 2017 in a temperate climate? What are your SOH%/GIDs?

I'm in Boulder, CO and my 2017 is 3 years old has about 21k miles on it now. My SOH is about 94%, can't remember GIDs but I posted a screenshot of LS in the 30kWh battery topic IIRC.

I was at about 92% SOH after 4 months before the firmware update, FWIW.

I am also in Minnesota. I purchased my 2017 SL used two years ago with 8k miles on it. The car now has 22k miles, and I just lost my second bar. According to LeafSpy my SOH is 72.91% and my Hx is 69.03%.

Don’t know if it’s useful data or not but when we sold our Apr 2016 build leaf a couple months ago it still had all 12 bars. Seems to me it had around 24k km on it. We didn’t have leaf spy so don’t know what SOH was. Had to me up there though With all 12 bars. Great car. Miss it.

LeftieBiker said:
Looks like we have three Leafs above, one at each end and one in the middle of the range.

Yeah, I purchased mine in 8/2018 as a certified vehicle from a Nissan dealer, so I don’t know off hand if it had gotten the updated firmware. I wonder if there’s a way for me to check that without going in to the dealer.

Back