2019 sl plus - range if 80mph drive?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oldschoola

Hello all. I had a 2016 sl leaf that was unfortunately totalled. I had already lost a bar on it though and was worried about my range and it didnt leave a great taste in my mouth when it came to nissan leafs.

However I am considering a 2019 leaf sl plus. My 1 way trip to work is 45miles. 30miles of this is highway (currently driving at between 75-85mph) the other 15 miles would be slower maybe 60-75mph or bumper to bumper depending on traffic.
Located in South Florida, the AC would def be on but nothing crazy.
Does anyone have any good ideas as to how much range I should expect on the PLUS considering I was hoping to only charge it to 80% nightly?

Thank you all in advance.

There's so many factors in range, but even at 80mph on the highway with the AC on, I'm sure you'd be able to make a round trip of 90 miles.

At 70mph, I can get about 180 miles in summer (same model, 2019 SL+). At 40-50mph (city driving), I can get 230 easily. Chargeway app predicts you'd get 148 miles at 80 mph, from 100%. Starting from 80% might be tighter than comfortable if you're starting from 80% though.

As a reference point, when I bought my Leaf, I had to drive it 500 miles home, and the first segment was 180 miles, almost all highway, with no chargers at all. I was nervous about it, so I kept it to 60-65, and ended up making it with 32% of my battery left, so (it was a perfect spring day with temps in the 70s and I was able to keep AC off most of the way too).

I would guess that the range at 80 mph will be about 70% of what you would expect at 55 mph, if that helps. Based on the EPA rating of 226 miles, 80% of that would be 180 miles. Real range, at a steady 55 mph should be 150 miles (based on your 80% requirement), so at 80 mph I would guess a range of roughly 100 miles. Pretty ballpark though...

Back