62kwh Leaf Plus Efficiency Posting

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DougWantsALeaf

Please post your monthly efficiency achieved with the Leaf Plus on this thread (from the Nissan Connect App)

Here are mine:

June: 4.3 Miles/kWh Distance: 1092 Miles
July: 4.4 Miles/kWh Distance: 704 Miles

About 60% highway

At 59 usable KW, that gives me an effective range of 253-9 miles (which seems about right from my longer highway trips)

DougWantsALeaf said:
that gives me an effective range of 253 miles (which seems about right from my longer highway trips)
-
Correction, that gives you the distance until you are pushing your car off the highway

LeftieBiker said:
SageBrush said:
DougWantsALeaf said:
that gives me an effective range of 253 miles (which seems about right from my longer highway trips)
-
Correction, that gives you the distance until you are pushing your car off the highway
-
Call it an effective range of 240 - 250 miles.
-
Because there is charging every 3 - 13 miles wherever you are ?

No, because range is rated either to empty or with a small reserve. If you want to designate a different standard based on a figure that changes from location to location, give it a try.

OP:

Try posting weather conditions and your driving speed to give the miles/kWh some semblance of meaning.
And write 'maximum range' (100% -> 0%) to not confuse the natives

LeftieBiker said:
SageBrush said:
LeftieBiker said:
No, because range is rated either to empty
-
Show me where it is called 'effective' range, and I will show you BS
-
Since you've already given your response, why bother...?
-
To point out the merchants of BS, of course.
And because I cannot think of ever reading "effective" range to mean maximum range out side of this thread.

On the other hand I have seen people like OP post nice fuel economy results who refrain from posting driving speed.

DougWantsALeaf said:
Please post your monthly efficiency achieved with the Leaf Plus on this thread (from the Nissan Connect App)

May: 4.0 Miles/kWh Distance: 1,022 Miles
June: 4.0 Miles/kWh Distance: 905 Miles
July: 4.0 Miles/kWh Distance: 880 Miles

DougWantsALeaf said:

2019 SL Plus
Tires at 43 psi
80-90 degrees most days
75 mph highway speeds for May, adjusted to 65mph highway for June/July
May is from 1 week of ownership :shock: the car basically sat on the car lot most of the month. Daily commute ~74 miles, all highway.

May: 3.9 Miles/kWh Distance: 740 Miles
June: 3.9 Miles/kWh Distance: 1,676 Miles
July: 4.0 Miles/kWh Distance: 2,641 Miles

DougWantsALeaf said:
4.0 Miles per Kilowatt is pretty good for 65 - 75 mph.
Miles per kilowatt-hour (miles/kWh).

Also, can you please fix the OP's title? 62 kWh Leaf Plus has a 160 kW motor (https://usa.nissannews.com/en-US/releases/release-014945dbe939405f97533f414bc81c2d-us-2019-nissan-leaf-plus). I guess you could instead change the title to include 160 kW, which would be correct.

DougWantsALeaf said:
4.0 Miles per Kilowatt is pretty good for 65 - 75 mph.

Any driving tips you can suggest? (beyond tires as 44 psi) What elevation are you at?

Do most people do 40 psi? I just kept my tires at what they were when I got them from the dealer...

I'm in relatively flat "South West" Ohio with a loss in elevation as I drive from South Dayton(656ft) to Cincinnati(482ft) for work. Driving home/north I hit traffic and have to drive around 45 -55 mph for the first ~10 miles so that's a energy saver when going uphil and takes me to almost equal elevation with home. If there's no traffic I drive 65-70 where and when possible.

The only other thing I do is drive in B mode the majority of the time I'm on the road and try to "coast" as much as possible when needing to slow down.

The only other thing I do is drive in B mode the majority of the time I'm on the road and try to "coast" as much as possible when needing to slow down.

B Mode (and ePedal when available) work great for city driving, but Eco alone or D alone are better for highway use because it's so much easier to coast.

Tire PSI is interesting. On my 13 Leaf the dealer kept the tiers under inflated to soften the ride. It took me a few weeks before I realized they were at 30 psi. The ride was much stiffer at 37-38psi.

On my 19 the tires were inflated at 40 psi. I was surprised to see on the side wall that they are rated up to 44psi, so for longer drives I ensure they are at 44. Every bit helps.

I am traveling from Chicago to South of indy this week, so going to try a couple things. 1. Tape the intake at the bottom of the front to see if it helps efficiency at speed at all. 2. Open the hood at the one Chademo planned to see if it reduces rate of battery temp increase.

Back