Poll : Number of miles before losing the first bar

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

# of miles before losing the first battery capacity bar

• 0-10,000

Votes: 29 6.8%
  • 10,001-20,000

Votes: 83 19.3%
  • 20,001-30,000

Votes: 117 27.3%
  • 30,001-40,000

Votes: 103 24.0%
  • 40,001-50,000

Votes: 51 11.9%
  • 50,001-60,000

Votes: 18 4.2%
  • 60,001+

Votes: 28 6.5%

• Total voters

evnow

The thread below talks about losing the first bar after 52k miles (in UK).

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=16510" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

What is the largest # of miles someone drove before losing a bar in the US ? Has anyone driven 52k miles without losing a bar ?

ps : Select 20,000 if you lost the bar between 20,000 and 30,000.

evnow said:
What is the largest # of miles someone drove before losing a bar in the US ? Has anyone driven 52k miles without losing a bar ?
Easy - TaylorSFGuy lost first bar at 76,000 miles:

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=12781" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If I went 25,000, is that 20,000 or 30,000? :?

[note: Originally the poll stated only 10K, 20K, etc. without ranges. They've fixed that]

Stoaty said:
evnow said:
Easy - TaylorSFGuy lost first bar at 76,000 miles:

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=12781" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

ya, too bad Nissan did not see fit to give him a 2013 for trade on his 2011. It would have been less than 2 years to find out definitively whether the batteries were actually improved... As for me? It will take the full 3 years of my lease and I will still have to extrapolate.

If you are intending to use the poll data for something keep in mind that your data will come up with an estimate that is earlier than average because the poll excludes those who have not yet lost a bar.

Our LEAFs are at 21k and 14k and neither is close to losing the first bar.

evnow said:
I'm currently over 60k miles (and 3 years) and haven't lost any bars yet. Everything is still holding steady, so I'm not sure when I'll lose my first one...

mwalsh said:
^ Changed my vote...got lumped in with the 20-30k group, when I should have been with the 30-40k group.
Yeah, sorry about that. I didn't see a way of making it more clear without throwing away all the existing votes.

Everyone, please review your votes!

I'm at 14k miles on my 2013, 14 months, and my GIDS and AH capacities have actually increased slightly since new :) :) :) :) :) cautiously optimistic.... maybe the "battery tweeks" for 2013 actually did something.

DarkStar said:
evnow said:
I'm currently over 60k miles (and 3 years) and haven't lost any bars yet. Everything is still holding steady, so I'm not sure when I'll lose my first one...

Do you know what your capacity & GID's are?

DarkStar said:
evnow said:

WOW!! seems to me you expressed concerns to me over a year ago that you were about to lose your first bar.. :eek: glad to see you are holding out well. So guessing you do not have any monitoring equipment to check your status?

you might be close to a record. I think Steve Marsh lost his first at 63,000 or so more or less?

Back