Flashing Passenger Airbag Warning Light

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brightonuk

I have a flashing passenger airbag warning light and before I truck down to the dealer I was hoping someone could help.

I disconnected all the passenger and driver side wiring harness to install sound dampening I was thinking I may of not fully reconnected all the plugs in that door.
Does anyone with a service manual know if the passenger air bag or curtain airbag is wired through any of the door connectors
or the harness that goes to the window door lock in the armrest?

And if so which one/plug?

Malcolm already saw that when we upgraded our stereos...When his front seat was out, he re-connected the battery and powered up the car to test voltage and started getting the airbag error. Here's the thread and the fix...

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=3438&p=90231#p90231" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I LOVE THIS FORUM!!!!

I did have to try three times as counting is not my strong point but got ti to reset

It is great when you think you are gonna have an issue when the dealer tears off the door panel to see gutted Speakers and inmovable sound deading on the door but instead someone comes up with and easy fix.

Just a side note I did not remove the head unit but did drive it with the passenger side harness disconected so thats what triggered the fault.

I'm stuck! i've got a red triangle up in the "eyebrow" and an airbag light, but the light flashes very slowly. this happened after I forgot to reconnect the passenger air bag indicator. Once I reconnected the plug, the flashing stopped, but I still have that annoying airbag light. It changes very slowly, like once every couple seconds, not the 1/2 second pulse. I've tried every possible combination of turning the car on and off while watching the airbag light turn off (as described on these forums). No change. I don't have a blinking airbag light.

I've pulled the 12v battery, so we'll see what happens.... How can Nissan makes theses cars so dumb? I mean, all it would take is a simple explanation and reset option on the Nav.

It feels like as advanced as cars have become, they still are about 15 years behind on the computer side. I would have thought they'd want to appeal to the tech-heads as much as anybody - that's one of the main reasons I bought the car.

I sat in a Jetta wagon TDI - priced at $32,000 and I noticed it had this weird metal slit in the steering column. It took me a second to realize that's where the "key" went. I asked the salesman and he said "uh, well, there's a package to get keyless..." $32K ????

Anyone have ideas on clearing airbag light? The reset procedure does not clear the code. It is showing one long, two short which translates to 12.

jawshoeaw said:
Anyone have ideas on clearing airbag light? The reset procedure does not clear the code. It is showing one long, two short which translates to 12.

Hi, Jasshoeaw,just want to know if you have solved this problem. I got the same error code as yours, and tried the reset trick, but no luck.

ruradium said:
jawshoeaw said:

Hi, Jasshoeaw,just want to know if you have solved this problem. I got the same error code as yours, and tried the reset trick, but no luck.

There's a recall for faulty passenger seat airbag sensors on the 2013s..if it's flashing it probably means the passenger airbag is disabled. So I wouldn't allow an adult to ride there.

ruradium said:
jawshoeaw said:

No, I gave up. I'm annoyed that Nissan chose to continue the idiotic dealer service model with the leaf. The service dept is a joke, they knew less than I did about the car and said I'd have to leave the car for several hours even though the service bay was empty. They said I might be responsible for having light reset an would have to give a credit card. When my lease is up in a year, they can fix it.

Why isnt there just an app that would communicate via Bluetooth? Dumb dumb dumb. 19th century mentality. The real question is why the car doesn't fix the problem itself. "Recalls" of a software nature should auto - fix with downloadable firmware. Other errors should just clear.

jawshoeaw said:
ruradium said:
jawshoeaw said:

No, I gave up. I'm annoyed that Nissan chose to continue the idiotic dealer service model with the leaf. The service dept is a joke, they knew less than I did about the car and said I'd have to leave the car for several hours even though the service bay was empty. They said I might be responsible for having light reset an would have to give a credit card. When my lease is up in a year, they can fix it.

Why isnt there just an app that would communicate via Bluetooth? Dumb dumb dumb. 19th century mentality. The real question is why the car doesn't fix the problem itself. "Recalls" of a software nature should auto - fix with downloadable firmware. Other errors should just clear.
You think this is bad, work on a BMW.... You can't do anything without resetting something with the dealer (or equivlent) tool.

I had a 96 BMW wagon, I remember then you needed special tools just to reset oil chnge reminder. Wonder how much longer this will go on - hoping Tesla shakes things up and I plan to make my next car a tesla (I can dream :) )

hi everyone. please please help me.

i removed cd facia and air bag flashing problem.used the fix which worked great.
but i am left with visit dealer message?

does any one know how to reset this..

thanks in advance

The 3 on/off steps posted helped me reset my airbag light in a 2015 Leaf.

I tripped the warning light when I removed the center console and passenger seat to install a line converter and stereo amp. I was initially having trouble with the rest. After checking the plugs and wires I found out the reason I was not able to reset initially was because I didn't plug the underseat harness all the way in and came loose AND I didn't connect the console airbag warning light plug underneath the HVAC plug. Once everything is plugged back in, the reset procedure posted worked.

The lesion I learned here is that to check all the wiring if the light won't reset. I was on my way to the dealership and thought I pull over to check one last time. Good thing I did because it would have been an expensive trip to have the tech open up things to check for a loose plug.

Back