Leaf 2012 after crash

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dexterlab2

Hi

I am new to Leaf world, i had minor crash accident, front airbag deployed. Damage has been repaired but since crash car wont start and drive.

I assume like other EV-s, car has pyrofuse somewhere. Where is it located and do i need to clear crash data from Airbag ECU?

Regards

Need error codes to diagnose anything.
Since you are new to Leafs, you may not have heard about LeafSpy: it can pull DTC's. Otherwise you can do the same at a dealer/repair shop (like any other car).

My 2012 got rear ended with no airbags deployed; it would only go to partial READY allowing shift to N for rolling up the tow ramp, with or without disconnecting the 12V battery.

Down here in the south there is no wrecker company that allows cars to be driven up a flat-tow ramp--they are pulled up the ramp by a winch. Too much liability for a person to drive off the ramp and damage the rig.

nlspace said:
My 2012 got rear ended with no airbags deployed; it would only go to partial READY allowing shift to N for rolling up the tow ramp, with or without disconnecting the 12V battery.

It's doubtful that any wrecker company allows cars to be driven up a flat-tow ramp--they are pulled up the ramp by a winch.

I love being called a liar... Shm***!

dexterlab2 said:
i had minor crash accident, front airbag deployed. Damage has been repaired but since crash car wont start and drive
'Minor' and 'airbag deployed' are rarely used in the same sentence.

I've read many stories of insurance companies totaling cars just because of airbag deployment but I don't know the reasons.
Did you put in a replacement airbag ?

Lambtron said:
nlspace said:

Sorry dude, no accusation was intended, i just had a different experience than you. i have edited my post for the local customs.

nlspace said:
Lambtron said:
nlspace said:

Sorry dude, no accusation was intended, i just had a different experience than you. i have edited my post for the local customs.

All good. 🤣👍. First tow to house was winched. 2nd tow needed to be driven to ramp.

Back