Nissan leaf BCM issues programming

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JoshuaNaismith

Hello all,

I have these fault codes on leaf spy and was wondering if the issue is BCM related I had someone program a salvage BCM to the car as the original one had an ikey system fault however this didn't solve the issue

tq4PZy9

I bought the car as a project and it has been sitting there for a period of time now and would like to get it sorted
I replaced the BCM the guy who has been reprogramming it has been doing so with a cheap bluetooth programmer

Could anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks

What model year is it? Has the car been in a wreck or why has it been sitting? Info is helpful for solving issues, the more is better than none.

Lots of DTCs related to security and locks.

Is the battery in the key fob fresh or worn out?

P1611 says the ID verification between the VCM and BCM was no good.

P1610 says that starting was attempted 5 times while there was no communication between the VCM and BCM; after 5 attempts the VCM goes into Lock Mode and will not allow the car to go to READY.

B2192 says the ID verification between the ECM and BCM was no good. For an EV, the ECM is the VCM.
"*: “ECM” is indicated on CONSULT display, however this means VCM on this vehicle."

B2193 indicates that there is no CAN Buss communication between the VCM and BCM.

Sure would be nice to know a bit more about the car...like what year/model (in addition to all the questions in the previous post).

Back