Bug counter L1/L2 & QC charge

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

atr45

Hi team, I'm Davy From France, i had a AZE0 '13 Nissan Leaf, I hope you are well?

I need your expertise on the Nissan Leaf BMS if you agree.
Have you ever heard of or encountered charge meter bugs following a charging error in ChaDemo?

I had an error message when initializing the charge (Error 22) on a Nissan Station and since then I have noticed that my counters are wrong ...

Any suggestion or ideas are welcome ;-)

Have a nice day

Regards from France

Welcome. It's a known issue that the Leaf BMS will count every charge timer event (like setting the timer) as an L-2 charge, thus inflating the total, but I'm unaware of an issue like yours.

i notice that your 12V starter battery is really weak or worn out or too old--that can cause a multitude of issues and faults. Once you replace or fully charge the auxiliary battery then the bugs may get corrected on their own, but all data is suspect in your case due to the 12V being too low.

nlspace said:
i notice that your 12V starter battery is really weak or worn out or too old--that can cause a multitude of issues and faults. Once you replace or fully charge the auxiliary battery then the bugs may get corrected on their own, but all data is suspect in your case due to the 12V being too low.

This. With the car in Ready mode the accessory battery should read at least 12.5 volts. Even if it isn't in Ready mode it should read over 12.0 volts.

thank for answer,

@LeftieBiker

yes for duplicate counting, we are discussing it on facebook group, some people think the BMS counts one charge when the outlet is plugged in and a second when the scheduled charge starts

personally, I thought it was because of the programming in 2 ranges in my charge setting (9PM to 24PM and 0:00 AM to 7:00 AM)

@nlspace

during the charging error, I had errors on the charger unit, I did not think to check the voltage of the 12v battery at the time because I had not yet seen the bug in the counter charge.

But now I have recharged the 12v battery, I have also disconnected the main fuse from the traction battery but the problem persists ...

Same result with an another diagnostic tool :|

https://mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?p=498809#p498809 has a reference to the known bug with L1/L2 counter.

For all we know, it might be intended to count something else like contactor cycles.

atr45 said:
during the charging error, I had errors on the charger unit, I did not think to check the voltage of the 12v battery at the time because I had not yet seen the bug in the counter charge.

But now I have recharged the 12v battery, I have also disconnected the main fuse from the traction battery but the problem persists ...

What the heck--why did you do that? No charging can occur without the main fuse.

Charging a worn out or old 12V doesn't solve the problem of a weak 12V. At 11.84 your starter battery is shot.

Is your car showing any DTCs? What was the error on the charger unit?

nlspace said:
atr45 said:

What the heck--why did you do that? No charging can occur without the main fuse.

Charging a worn out or old 12V doesn't solve the problem of a weak 12V. At 11.84 your starter battery is shot.

Is your car showing any DTCs? What was the error on the charger unit?

The battery 12v had bought in Décembre 2020, i had charged it to check the sulphatation level but the voltage was good (12,84v), it's was a simple precaution...

I had disconnected the main fuse the next day, for unconnect the car to the battery module, to check if it was not a bug on the can protocol

Actually, no DTC on car, sorry but i have forgotten the DTC when the issue happen

a feedback for my problem, i had a same problem on second charger, point common, theses chargers uses hardware Hager, error with the protocole on PP et CP pins

Hager' technician discussion in progress

Back