NissanConnect down and now unavailable on the web? (2021)

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DerekPerkins

I haven't been able to refresh my Leaf status in the NissanConnect EV & Services app (US Android) since June 8. I used to go to the Nissan owner portal and could interact with services there, but either that was taken down or I can't find it anymore. Does anyone know what might have changed? I've tried logging my Leaf back in multiple times and it always seems to succeed.

DerekPerkins said:
I haven't been able to refresh my Leaf status in the NissanConnect EV & Services app (US Android) since June 8. I used to go to the Nissan owner portal and could interact with services there, but either that was taken down or I can't find it anymore. Does anyone know what might have changed? I've tried logging my Leaf back in multiple times and it always seems to succeed.

The web portal was moved to here (yeah, annoying they keep changing the links around)
https://www.nissanusa.com/mynissan.html
If you can login, you'll have access to all the controls, history, etc.
As far as Android, I just used the App today, there are two versions in the play store. One is "NissanConnect® EV & Services" for the Leaf, the other is "NissanConnect® Services" which won't work with the Leaf. I'm sure you have the right version if it worked before, so I'm not sure what issues you are having. Are you driving a Gen 1 or Gen 2 Leaf?

knightmb said:
DerekPerkins said:

The web portal was moved to here (yeah, annoying they keep changing the links around)
https://www.nissanusa.com/mynissan.html
As far as Android, I just used the App today, there are two versions in the play store. One is "NissanConnect® EV & Services" for the Leaf, the other is "NissanConnect® Services" which won't work with the Leaf. I'm sure you have the right version if it worked before, so I'm not sure what issues you are having. Are you driving a Gen 1 or Gen 2 Leaf?
Ummm...not so sure about that. When I login, I don't see anything under the "about your vehicle", and the "Leaf overview" is worthless. None of the car utilities are there that were there before they changed the portal (again).
My decision to transition to OVMS is looking better and better all the time.

Stanton said:
Ummm...not so sure about that. When I login, I don't see anything under the "about your vehicle", and the "Leaf overview" is worthless. None of the car utilities are there that were there before they changed the portal (again).
You don't get this screen when you login? Connected services right under the picture of the car?

4FQeAlr.gif

knightmb said:
Stanton said:
You don't get this screen when you login? Connected services right under the picture of the car?
I don't get the "connected services" option: only the other 2 :roll:

Stanton said:
Yes, I realize now that is what you said in the first post :lol: Did you get any mystery e-mail saying something like "you request to cancel your service" ? You would have to re-do the vehicle registration to make it work again if you did. Otherwise, I am at a loss to what it is missing on your login.

knightmb said:
Stanton said:
Yes, I realize now that is what you said in the first post :lol: Did you get any mystery e-mail saying something like "you request to cancel your service" ? You would have to re-do the vehicle registration to make it work again if you did. Otherwise, I am at a loss to what it is missing on your login.
Didn't get the mystery email either.
Oh well, I'm getting close to "pulling the plug" on my TCU anyway, effectively ending my association with the Nissan service.

Sorry for the delay in responding, I didn't get any notifications. I'm the same as @Stanton, I don't have that connected services tab and I never got a mystery email. Last year something changed and I had to redo the vehicle registration and things changed, but it worked fine afterwards.

Something changed, but I'm not sure what. I've been trying almost daily since June 8 and today was the first day it refreshed, but it's showing me data from June 27.

To answer the other questions:
- yes, I am using "NissanConnect® EV & Services"
- I believe I have a Gen 2 Leaf, but I'm not 100% sure

DerekPerkins said:
Sorry for the delay in responding, I didn't get any notifications. I'm the same as @Stanton, I don't have that connected services tab and I never got a mystery email. Last year something changed and I had to redo the vehicle registration and things changed, but it worked fine afterwards.

Something changed, but I'm not sure what. I've been trying almost daily since June 8 and today was the first day it refreshed, but it's showing me data from June 27.

To answer the other questions:
- yes, I am using "NissanConnect® EV & Services"
- I believe I have a Gen 2 Leaf, but I'm not 100% sure
If the delivery date in your profile is correct (2021), then you have a Gen2 car.
If that's the case, you should have a 4G modem (or an upgrade path to a 4G modem) that the Gen1 guys (like me) don't have.
My advice is: get Nissan's help in re-setting/configuring your EVConnect account (both car and server), since going the OVMS route (like I did) is not absolutely necessary. Having said that, the Nissan service is unreliable (after all, it's "free"), and I'm finding the OVMS option to be a good solution...albeit not a "simple" one.

I didn't set that delivery date on purpose, but I just added the last 6 of my VIN if that helps: 331403. I have a 2014 SV that I got in 2017. It had a 2G modem originally that got upgraded to 3G right after I bought it.

Seems down again today, app and website.

Every time I hit refresh it gives me status as of 10pm last night.

Seeing the same thing with My 2019 Leaf. Will not update from last night. At least it appears that other people are having the problem.

I get no charge status update which makes it hard to watch. Last charge status update was last night.
I do however get updated mileage reports from driving today. I am hoping it gets better in the next day as I am going a state over and like to watch the charge status while I have lunch or whatever so I know when to go back to the car.

Same. I can't pre cool the car either but surprisingly i see today's driving activity report.

I am in the same boat. My 2019 went offline yesterday. The web says I have a current account but cannot talk to the car. This morning I was unsure if it charged or not, since it did not tell me it finished charging. Right now it is 88 degrees outside and I am about to shuttle four people to a funeral in 20 minutes. I thought it would be nice to reduce the car temperature. I have long lamented that the connect services are the only way to start the HVAC. I cannot just get inside and press a button to start the HVAC.

I placed an order for a Mach-E because my LEAF lease ends in a few months. I would have leased an Ariya instead, if Nissan would sell them. I just hope the Mach-E does better with the connected software and HVAC.

The NissanConnect Services and NissanConnect EV & Services telematics programs will be affected by AT&T's decision to discontinue its 3G cellular network. On February 22, 2022, all Nissan vehicles equipped with telematics hardware compatible for use with the 3G cellular network will be unable to access NissanConnect Services and NissanConnect EV features. New enrollments for these vehicles will also no longer be allowed after June 1, 2021. After this point, customers who are not already enrolled in a telematics trial or subscription will be unable to access services for their vehicle. The decision to discontinue 3G network coverage was not made by Nissan and this change is not within Nissan's control.

Maybe AT&T is causing connectivity issues as they're moving away from 3G?

Now I can lock my doors and set climate control and find my car.... just can't see charge state updates since the 21st.

gillmj24 said:
Now I can lock my doors and set climate control and find my car.... just can't see charge state updates since the 21st.

I am having the same problem since the 21st. All the app features work except the charge status. The wait icon spins and then just shows the same status from the 21st. This is on android with both the Nissan app and the MyLeaf app. Database issue on Nissan's end perhaps? Very annoying. Would love to know if there is a solution.

Same for me. Stopped updating charge status since the 20th. Can locate the car either. Lock/unlock, etc. work just fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back