2021 Nissan Leaf Tekna 40KWh - Steering Clunking & Infotainment Restarting

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MadProfessor

Good day all.

I took delivery of my brand new 2021 Nissan Leaf Tekna 40KWh with Propilot Park on Friday 30th April 2021, with 25 miles on the clock.
Within the 1st week of ownership, I had already noticed a intermittent audible click that you could feel though the steering wheel, it mainly seems to happen when turning at low speeds, and during parking manoeuvres.
This has now progressed becoming much more often and now quite loud audible clunking, that you can feel though the steering wheel, and floor.

The other issue that I have been having is that the Infotainment system seems to randomly restart itself.
Most of the restarts seem to happen shortly after starting the car, but have also had it restart several times during a journey

This Thursday (3rd June 2021) the car went back to the nissan dealer for inspection to find the fault(s), current mileage 462miles.

The clicking / clunking they say is due to a broken spot weld on the subframe assembly, and that the whole assembly needs to be removed and replaced 7+ hour job.
Infotainment system restarting they said is more than likely due to the USB memory stick that I am using for all my songs.
Was advised to remove the USB memory stick, and monitor to see if it carries on restarting.

Is this a known issue?
What are your thoughts?

Thanks for your time.
Best Regards.

My thought is that if they found a broken spot weld, I would believe them.
What affirmation are you seeking ? Want a new car ?

Back