Replacement Bolt for Reduction Gear Oil Changing

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

knightmb

I didn't want to hijack other topics to ask this question because it is a simple answer that I am having trouble locating.

The magnetic bolt(s) you remove when changing the gear oil in the Leaf. Does anyone know where I can find the "non-magnetic" replacement that will fit the gear box case correctly? The reason I want to purchase one is because I am going to drill a hole down the middle to insert a temperature probe into the reduction gear oil. I didn't want to destroy my existing bolts to do this, so I figured a non-magnetic replacement will be easier (and no as long to drill through).
Any help or links would be greatly appreciated. :D

To get all the dimensions (diameter, length, pitch, flange) It may be simpler to buy an OEM plug and demagnetize it. Heating it to bright red should do the trick. It may be a little softer afterwards but the torque spec is pretty mild for that fastener, and it will be easier to drill.

I'd guess a decent auto-parts store can sell you a bolt that will fit in the hole. It's almost certain to be a standard metric size and virtually every car uses drain plugs (bolts) in just a few various sizes.

Thanks for all the suggestions. I tried every auto store in the area and they didn't have it unfortunately. I was able to order it for free pickup from the local Nissan dealership for only $6.56, so I probably should have looked at that route first. :?

Here is the part number should any else go looking for it: 32103-1MG0C

The thread specifications (through 2017 model year) are M18-1.5. But I see yours is the Gen2.

I'm using this one from eBay in the upper two openings:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/254715353755

But I have the part number as 32103-4N20C, so there may be difference between 2017 and 2018.

No doubt you're long past needing this part . . . just putting this here for the next person with this question.

Back