Unwanted auto-Braking When Accelerating

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

manich

My wife hit a deep pothole the other day, right side. Now in the first few minutes of driving the car feels like it is braking as I press on accelerator. After experiencing this on and off for a few minutes, it starts behaving normally. I have an appointment with my independent mechanic to check the alignment, but wonder if anyone else has had this problem. Hope my guy can fix it. I don't want to take it to the Nissan dealer if I don't have to.

52k miles, with 10 Bars

When on a flat surface, stopped , leaf in neutral and parking brake off, can u push the car forward and backward by hand ? If no the im thinking a something wrong with ur caliper , bent, stuck,siezed , pads jambed up? I guess you could preform thus test with both front wheels jacked up and see if they spin freely, compare both fronts.

I'd suspect a bent rim more than any caliper damage but even I'd guess any mechanic should be able to handle it. Even ABS sensors are pretty generic these days.

Back