U1300 0110 MULTI AV AV Comm Circuit AV-93

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

knightmb

I've ignored this DTC for a long time because even if I cleared it, it came right back but didn't appear to affect anything in the vehicle. I did read up on what it was suppose to mean but not being a professional Leaf tech, not really sure what I should do or not do. Anyone else here with more knowledge, your wisdom would be greatly appreciated! :D

Nissan Leaf 2020 SL-Plus
U1300 AV COMM CIRCUIT
Description
INFOID:0000000009343757
U1300 is displayed when the AV signal error is detected for the multi AV system. It is always displayed
together with the error of the control unit connected to the AV control unit via AV communication. Determine the possible malfunction cause from the table below.
SELF-DIAGNOSIS RESULTS DISPLAY ITEM
CONSULT Display
••AV COMM CIRCUIT
[U1300]
SWITCH CONN
[U1240]
DTC Detection Condition
When either one of the following items are detected:
• multifunction switch power supply and ground circuits are malfunctioning.
• AV communication circuits between the AV control unit and multifunction switch are malfunctioning.
Possible Cause
• Multifunction switch power supply and ground circuits.
• AV communication circuits between AV control unit and multifunction switch.

KOLOoti.jpg

Looks like a task for the dealer service dept. if still under warranty, that's a lot of messed up stuff to be throwing so many DTCs. The "U" codes generally refer to CAN buss communication faults, which are most likely intermittent and caused by a loose pin or socket terminal in a connector.

The first thing to do would be to find all the connectors and disconnect, inspect, clean if necessary, then re-connect and clear the codes, then see if DTCs come back or if solved. After that it gets more labor intensive and specific to tracing actual circuit wiring.

nlspace said:
Looks like a task for the dealer service dept. if still under warranty, that's a lot of messed up stuff to be throwing so many DTCs. The "U" codes generally refer to CAN buss communication faults, which are most likely intermittent and caused by a loose pin or socket terminal in a connector.
Oh, didn't realize all of those were DTCs, just thought it was complaining about the one, :lol: Yeah, still got plenty of warranty left, but I would have never known to even ask without LeafSpy. I wonder if the dealership will actually do anything more than shrug their shoulders?

Had a friend come over and fire up their Nissan Consult III+

Everything was actually fine, it was the Wireless Bluetooth Obd2 that was causing the issue when I fired up LeafSpy. Might be time to buy a new BT ODB2 but before I do, I wonder if it is the tool causing this issue or LeafSpy. Anyone else got a Gen 2 Leaf with LeafSpy Pro that can check the DTC codes to see if it looks similar to mine (lots of random B13* errors) ?

I think it is something with communication on the navigation unit in the 2019 and 2020 Plus models. I never had errors like that with my 2015, but noticed them the first time I used the maintenance screen in Leaf Spy with the 2019. I can sometimes clear them, but they always come back within a few minutes so I assumed they were related to communication glitches with Leaf Spy and did not worry about them. I am glad to hear there were no legitimate DTC's in your car when checked with Consult 3+.

I was able to get a "clean" LeafSpy DTC scan like this. Unplug Wireless Bluetooth OBD2 with vehicle off. Wait about 5 minutes or more so the car truly "goes to sleep" per say. Then, turn the vehicle back on, then plug in the Wireless Bluetooth OBD2, then use LeafSpy to do the DTC scan and if all goes well, you'll get a clean screen without the errors. It doesn't always work, sometimes it will still show a few of those rand B13* errors. But yeah, now that I know, I don't worry about it now since it doesn't appear to be affecting the Leaf in any bad way. I don't know if it is related to the Wireless Bluetooth OBD2 itself or LeafSpy since I didn't think of it at the time of just doing the same sequence (minus LeafSpy) and then having the Consult III+ check to see if that caused any codes. :oops:

My 2020 SV does this. But no harm no foul, aside from rebooting itself once after a map update, never had any issues.

Same here. 2020 Leaf SV +
Drives fine, no issues. I thought I caused it by connecting an OpenEVSE I bought on ebay. I'm yet to get that to work properly, car threw some codes once when I connected it and did not want to power on. I connected the OEM EVSE and it corrected the problem. I'll have to try that OBDII dongle unplug trick!

02/09/2021 23:37:26 0 mi
Ok None ---> BCM
Ok None ---> CHARGER
Ok None ---> PARKING BRAKE
Ok None ---> EV/HEV
Ok None ---> HVAC
Ok None ---> HV BATTERY
Ok None ---> IPDM E/R
Ok None ---> METER
Ok None ---> MOTOR CONTROL
B1303 1110 MULTI AV
B1303 1310 MULTI AV
B1303 4910 MULTI AV
B1306 0210 MULTI AV
B1309 1310 MULTI AV
B130B 1310 MULTI AV
B130B 1C10 MULTI AV
B130D 1310 MULTI AV
B130D 1C10 MULTI AV
B130F 1310 MULTI AV
B130F 1C10 MULTI AV
U1300 0128 MULTI AV AV Comm Circuit AV-93
B1311 1310 MULTI AV
B1311 1C10 MULTI AV
B1316 1110 MULTI AV
B1316 1310 MULTI AV
B1319 1110 MULTI AV
B1319 1210 MULTI AV
B1319 1310 MULTI AV
B1320 1310 MULTI AV
B1321 1310 MULTI AV
B1322 1310 MULTI AV
B1323 1310 MULTI AV
B1329 0010 MULTI AV
U140E 8710 MULTI AV
Ok None ---> TCU
Ok None ---> VSP

Same exact long list from LS on my 2021 SV+. Then cleans up to the few shown below. I've disconnected the battery, but still remains. I'll try the disconnection of the OBII and report back.

DTCs leaf 4.30.22.jpg

So what was the issue? I saw this on the Leaf, that is going be exchanged for my high mileage Leaf as well.

Screenshot_2024-01-11-15-46-36-064_com.Turbo3.Leaf_Spy_Pro.jpg

Sales person said, it was nothing to worry about. But I told him about it, so I guess it will be solved if there would be any issue.

Back