LeafSpy mileage doesn't match odometer

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SBCLeaf

I'm trying to figure out why my LeafSpy trip log mileages don't match my odometer. I thought that it had something to do with the "CAN Odometer in Miles" setting, but my setting is ticked and the odometer displayed next to the setting is correct.

Some examples:

1. This afternoon I took a drive to the hardware store. I zeroed the trip B odometer in the driveway and at the hardware store it read 12.2 miles. LeafSpy's trip log reads 13.0.

2. On the return trip I zeroed the trip B odometer and returned home by a different route. At home the trip B odometer reads 12.4 miles and LeafSpy's trip log reads 12.1.

2. I took a quick trip to the grocery store this evening. I zeroed the trip B odometer and drove to the store. At the store the trip B read 1.5, but LeafSpy's trip log reads 1.9. Precisely the same readings for the return trip. It's the wrong ratio to be a miles/kilometers issue (1.9 km is 1.18 miles).

Before each drive I make sure LeafSpy is connected and reading all sensors. I'm thinking if I understand how LeafSpy is calculating trip miles I'll have a better chance of figuring out what's happening.

LeftieBiker said:
Early versions of LeafSpy Pro had odometer issues. Try updating the app.

It's the latest version from the Google Play Store: 0.45.119.

EDIT - It says last updated May 2018. That's all the Google Store will give me.

LeftieBiker said:
I got mine in May of 2018, and the odo reading was way off. There have been updates since then.

I don't know how to force the Google Store to give me a newer version. I downloaded this last week. It says there are no updates, and when I search "LeafSpy Pro" this is the version that comes up in the search results.

di-CTKI9V.png

I'm afraid that all I know is what I've written: that I had a similar issue when I got the app in May 2018, and that some time later I updated it and the problem vanished. Can anyone else here help?

I believe LEAF Spy uses GPS distance measurements for trip logging and just reads the odometer from the CAN Bus for the odometer reading shown on the cell voltage display page. The trip meter updates at 0.1 mile intervals so there can be some differences in short trips, especially if the phone or tablet briefly loses GPS signal during the trip.

Back