Tubing with red fluid, passenger footwell - what is it?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi all,

I was trying to clean up water that in the passenger footwell so I pulled off the center console side panel and the panel on the right side of the footwell under the dash in order to pull the carpet back to wipe up the water. Under the right side panel under the dash, next to the door jamb, I see some white tubing with red liquid inside, coming down from under the dash, running along the floor towards the back . It doesn't explain the water but I'm curious - any idea what this is??? See photo.

Thanks!
Bill

IMG_5731-sml.jpg

My guess is that it's the fluid tube for the rear window washer, and the red fluid is red windshield washer fluid. If you never or rarely use the rear washer, it may be a different color because it was added at the factory.

Thank you! You are exactly right. After your reply, I looked around in the service manual. The main fluid reservoir feeds both front & rear windshield washers, and here's the page from the manual showing the path the rear tube takes.

Thanks for your help!
Bill

rear washer line.jpg

You're welcome. Some people don't even know this feature exists, because unless you read the manual, and run it for maybe 10 seconds the first time, nothing obvious happens when the wiper stalk is pushed forward the first few times.

Back