Back door switch not working

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After only 5 years, my hatch open switch it dead. The lock switch (circular) still works fine. Is anyone else having similar problems?
Also, what are the chances this is a master computer issue and not the switch? Any bright ideas to troubleshoot?
Thank you.

Dang. Assuming there isn't one fuse that powers only that, you have some work to do. This isn't a problem that I've seen mentioned before on this forum. I'll search anyway....nope, no hits for a hatch that won't open.

My Nissan dealer swears they've never seen a problem like this. In fairness, OR winters are c-c-cold. I did pay a Nissan ASE tech on JustAnswer.com and found out there are no fuses in the line. It's either in a computer, or it's the switch. $102. It was definitely NOT caused by a jam, and yes, have used emergency opener on it. Have also tried disconnecting, then shorting, the battery terminals in hopes that it would re-set itself, to no avail.
Not currently impressed. My Odysseys and Civics have been mechanical openers, and they've lasted 3-4 times this long. :(

mwalsh said:
Mine seems to be getting a bit finicky. Works on the first push most times, but often it takes two or three. Only just started to notice it and not done any troubleshooting yet.

Took four times this morning before the switch worked. Then the next time I went to use it, no more than 15 minutes later, it worked the first time.

Well, it took 5 mins and $102, but the electronic switch was the issue. Pulled plastic cover from hatch; pulled two 10 mm bolts, and the rest is history. Now trying (and failing) to upload the YouTube footage.

civicwithacord said:
Well, it took 5 mins and $102, but the electronic switch was the issue. Pulled plastic cover from hatch; pulled two 10 mm bolts, and the rest is history. Now trying (and failing) to upload the YouTube footage.

Nice. Yes, please upload the YouTube vid and post a link. A part number would be good too.

I have the exact same issue and haven't been able to find a fix anywhere. The Hatch opener switch is not working but the circular switch beside it is. Please let me know how you fixed it and what part you needed. Thank you

civicwithacord said:
Thanks in advance for the follow-up post/video.

Back