Dooglas
Delivery Date: 04 Jan 2017
Leaf Number: 314779

Re: Repair crashed Nissan Leaf 2011

Wed Jan 02, 2019 11:40 am

bmont wrote:Unfortunately in my country the Nissan Leaf are not very cheap as in the United States. The cheapest Nissan Leaf in Portugal costs € 10,000 with 80km of autonomy.
A good reason to post your location in the information which appears at the left of your posts.
2013 Leaf SV - lease ended, 2016 Leaf S30 - purchased

bmont
Delivery Date: 01 Jan 2011
Leaf Number: 006174

Wed Jan 02, 2019 3:30 pm

Dooglas wrote:
bmont wrote:Unfortunately in my country the Nissan Leaf are not very cheap as in the United States. The cheapest Nissan Leaf in Portugal costs € 10,000 with 80km of autonomy.
A good reason to post your location in the information which appears at the left of your posts.
I agree. I already added the location. Tnks ;)

Samsung
Delivery Date: 18 Nov 2020

Wed Nov 18, 2020 7:58 am

Hi, I have a question. How did you clear the frontal collision detection.
I am on the same challenge repairing a 40 kwh leaf i got a B1421 frontal collision present, I replaced everything including the module but this message &service ev system are present.
Any help would be appreciated

ginetto
Delivery Date: 17 Sep 2019

Sun Feb 21, 2021 2:18 am

I've a 30kWh late 2016 model and just bought a front crashed 2018 40kWh and I'm starting to face the same issues.
At the moment I've to solve:

1) (SOLVED) a current leak during type2 charging (no idea in this moment if it's the on board charger issue, connector issue or portable charger issue)
---> solved! I was charging in a place without a correct ground connection. Tested in a line with a near and correct connected ground do not present the leak. Without ground the variable leak was from 12v to 80v AC.

2) unlock some seatbelts
3) change the two frontal airbags
4) solve all actual DTCs

The idea was to sell the car as pare parts and reuse the 40kWh battery in my 2016 leaf... but the condition of the crashed car is so good that I'm plannig to repair and sell the 2016 model.

So I' interested in any documentation, help and suggestions.

cheers
Ginetto from Galicia (Spain)

ginetto

Sun Feb 21, 2021 11:31 am

my newbie investigation abut repair a modern car faced that:

1) unlock seatbelt is not possible other than hardware hacking them loosing a security feature (tensioning during a crash if the airbag is activated). All documented in br.pdf of the previous year leaf models.

The question is... are there other leaf of nissan models where I can reuse not locked seat belts? e.g. Using the part code of my right passenger seat belt (638265001D) I can find a similar (638265001G) code in a leaf e+ model... is it compatible? can I use from another car of the nissan group?

2) Airbag obviously have to be replaced BUT, AFAIU, need to replace the airbag electronic too that is paired (no idea for what reason) with the airbag... I suppose (in my ignorance) a bridge can solve compatibility but I wouldn't introduce custom electronic in a so important safety feature.
Not clear to me if the airbag activator sensor have to be substituted or paired. p.s I don't know where is it, but I suppose is the same place as in previous models.

3) removing frontal crash DTC. No idea what is the procedure to remove it

here my DTCs
(p.s. how to add images in this post?)

cheers
ginetto wrote:
Sun Feb 21, 2021 2:18 am
I've a 30kWh late 2016 model and just bought a front crashed 2018 40kWh and I'm starting to face the same issues.
At the moment I've to solve:

1) (SOLVED) a current leak during type2 charging (no idea in this moment if it's the on board charger issue, connector issue or portable charger issue)
---> solved! I was charging in a place without a correct ground connection. Tested in a line with a near and correct connected ground do not present the leak. Without ground the variable leak was from 12v to 80v AC.

2) unlock some seatbelts
3) change the two frontal airbags
4) solve all actual DTCs

The idea was to sell the car as pare parts and reuse the 40kWh battery in my 2016 leaf... but the condition of the crashed car is so good that I'm plannig to repair and sell the 2016 model.

So I' interested in any documentation, help and suggestions.

cheers
Ginetto from Galicia (Spain)

rmay635703

Mon Feb 22, 2021 2:37 pm

bmont wrote:
Wed Jan 02, 2019 5:22 am
Unfortunately in my country the Nissan Leaf are not very cheap as in the United States. The cheapest Nissan Leaf in Portugal costs € 10,000 with 80km of autonomy.
At that price it might pay to import a “lightly” crashed or flood damaged US Spec leaf for parts.

Generally copart is very keen to export junk cars overseas, just need to be very careful with buyers fees and shipping.

Unlike runs and drives used cars there should not be any us government imposed restrictions on export, no idea how your country handles import however

Good Luck

ginetto

Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:55 am

I can talk about spain! I suppose inportugal there is a similar situation.
Adding transport fees, duty and import taxes plus costs for registration locally make the cost comparable to buy it used locally. Only in Norway (that does not belongs to EU economic community) is cheaper due to lack of import duty free and almost 0 taxes for EVs. For the rest of EU is almost the same situation.
rmay635703 wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 2:37 pm
bmont wrote:
Wed Jan 02, 2019 5:22 am
Unfortunately in my country the Nissan Leaf are not very cheap as in the United States. The cheapest Nissan Leaf in Portugal costs € 10,000 with 80km of autonomy.
At that price it might pay to import a “lightly” crashed or flood damaged US Spec leaf for parts.

Generally copart is very keen to export junk cars overseas, just need to be very careful with buyers fees and shipping.

Unlike runs and drives used cars there should not be any us government imposed restrictions on export, no idea how your country handles import however

Good Luck

Return to “Problems / Troubleshooting”