my newbie investigation abut repair a modern car faced that:
1) unlock seatbelt is not possible other than hardware hacking them loosing a security feature (tensioning during a crash if the airbag is activated). All documented in br.pdf of the previous year leaf models.
The question is... are there other leaf of nissan models where I can reuse not locked seat belts? e.g. Using the part code of my right passenger seat belt (638265001D) I can find a similar (638265001G) code in a leaf e+ model... is it compatible? can I use from another car of the nissan group?
2) Airbag obviously have to be replaced BUT, AFAIU, need to replace the airbag electronic too that is paired (no idea for what reason) with the airbag... I suppose (in my ignorance) a bridge can solve compatibility but I wouldn't introduce custom electronic in a so important safety feature.
Not clear to me if the airbag activator sensor have to be substituted or paired. p.s I don't know where is it, but I suppose is the same place as in previous models.
3) removing frontal crash DTC. No idea what is the procedure to remove it
here my DTCs
(p.s. how to add images in this post?)
ginetto wrote: ↑
Sun Feb 21, 2021 2:18 am
I've a 30kWh late 2016 model and just bought a front crashed 2018 40kWh and I'm starting to face the same issues.
At the moment I've to solve:
1) (SOLVED) a current leak during type2 charging (no idea in this moment if it's the on board charger issue, connector issue or portable charger issue)
---> solved! I was charging in a place without a correct ground connection. Tested in a line with a near and correct connected ground do not present the leak. Without ground the variable leak was from 12v to 80v AC.
2) unlock some seatbelts
3) change the two frontal airbags
4) solve all actual DTCs
The idea was to sell the car as pare parts and reuse the 40kWh battery in my 2016 leaf... but the condition of the crashed car is so good that I'm plannig to repair and sell the 2016 model.
So I' interested in any documentation, help and suggestions.
Ginetto from Galicia (Spain)