Display stopped working on 2013

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Falco

2013 Nissan Leaf.

Hello,

Yesterday my speedometer stopped working.

Actually, the whole display stopped working. Display is powered, there is a visible backlight, however, nothing else is displayed: no clock, no temp, no speed, no Eco Tree.

Has anyone experience a similar failure? Otherwise the car operates normally, currently almost 80K miles.

Dan

Haven't heard of it with a Leaf but it has happened a couple times with our '07 Prius, most notably when it's very cold. It comes back by itself, generally when it warms up and for older Prius's anyway it seems to be a regular issue, enough so that companies sell a rebuilt part to you and then you send them back your old one. Apparently you have to basically dismantle the dash on the Prius so sofar I haven't done anything about it.
In your case I'd try bringing the Leaf into a heated garage and see if that restores dash operation??

Is your brightness turned all the way down (via the brightness button in the cluster of 4 on the left side)? What if you turn your headlights on/off?

Back