2019 Leaf Map Update

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DButch51

I'm trying to use the NIssan Map Update Tool to update my maps. I got instructions for both the USB update and WiFi update techniques from the Nissan Navigation site. The problem is that my console menu doesn't appear to have the options they say I need to use.

The options when I'm displaying the map on the screen are supposed to include a "Connections" choice to link directly to my house WiFi or cell phone hot spot. It should be right in between the "Map" and "Settings" icon. Nope, I have "Map", Navi", "Settings". To prep the USB stick, I should be in the MENU screen, hit "Info", and should get a path that starts at "System Information" -> "Map Update" -> and then offers both Update by USB device, or Update by Smartphone or Wi-Fi hotspot (if I had the WiFi option in the first place). Also nope.

Has anybody managed to get through this on a 2019 Leaf (SV). Is there some secret mode I need to activate the right options? Or does the fact that my console has an SD card mean I need to buy updates on an SD card and should ignore the USB/WiFi instructions? I checked with my local dealer and got pointed to the same site I got the (so far) useless instructions from.

Thanks,
Dave

I tried the WiFi map update option a few months ago on my 2020 SL+ Without success. Then I used the USB update procedure downloading the map update to a fresh usb stick. If I remember correctly it took a long time.

Transferring the update to the car with the usb stick took forever but it worked after being very very patient.

The reason I updated was because my map was corrupted and I was getting error codes.

Do you remember what path you took through the menu tree to get to being able to load the USB stick from the car data so you can then use the update tool on your PC? That path, as described in the step-by-step USB instructions from Nissan also doesn't exist for me. I hit the "wall" after selecting "Info". That's supposed to take me to a screen where I can select System Information. Nope - nothing even close.

DButch51 said:
Do you remember what path you took through the menu tree to get to being able to load the USB stick from the car data so you can then use the update tool on your PC? That path, as described in the step-by-step USB instructions from Nissan also doesn't exist for me. I hit the "wall" after selecting "Info". That's supposed to take me to a screen where I can select System Information. Nope - nothing even close.

IIRC...info...then next page... press system info...you should see the update choices there.

I have updated maps on my 2019 SL+ a couple of times using WiFi--it takes a long time, but works with a fast internet connection. I am away from my car, but think Learjet gave correct menu instructions. Basically, go through all of the setting, system information, and connection menus on the center screen until you find it.

Per Nissan's website, the last version available for my leaf (2017) is Version 13. Does anyone know the publish date of this version? If already a couple of years old, it's not worth it.

Skippy said:
Per Nissan's website, the last version available for my leaf (2017) is Version 13. Does anyone know the publish date of this version? If already a couple of years old, it's not worth it.

I *think* it's May of 2021 based off some of the notes for ICE models for that same update but I'm not sure. It's the final map update for 2016-2017 models but if it's anything like the update I got - i wouldn't bother since they didn't bother updating some older speed limit updates and fairly obvious bridge construction. Your results may vary but unless you're in a larger metropolitan area that was more likely to get more attention paid to it or do a significant amount of road trips - I wouldn't waste the money.

Back