the " OPEN TILT " button isnt working for nav display?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kilimats

i tried a few different approach (quick push, strong push, hold push while in accessory mode or driving) but that open tilt button doesnt move the navigation display at all on my newly purchased 2011 leaf, easy fix?

Hi kilimats, I'm not familiar with that button - I've got a 2013 SV... If I didn't know Leafs don't have a sunroof that's what I would have guessed :)

Different topic - where did you pick up your 2011? Seem to be a lot of bargains around right now... I'm in Ferndale right down the road from you in Blaine!

martyv said:
Hi kilimats, I'm not familiar with that button - I've got a 2013 SV... If I didn't know Leafs don't have a sunroof that's what I would have guessed :)

Different topic - where did you pick up your 2011? Seem to be a lot of bargains around right now... I'm in Ferndale right down the road from you in Blaine!

Hey got my 2011 for 13k after all fees/taxes in Seattle, driver window broken and few scratches/dent on paint but nothing alarming, really glad i got that deal.

That's annoying. Mine works but I left my finger in the wrong place once and now it seems to have skipped a tooth or something. It is rarely parked in the right spot.

stoneman30 said:
That's annoying. Mine works but I left my finger in the wrong place once and now it seems to have skipped a tooth or something. It is rarely parked in the right spot.
I assume you tried holding the open/tilt button until it beeps, it will then select the next position as default. Happens to me every time I clean the dash. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYxxRTdvL70

I have a different but related problem.
First, when I push the open/tilt I get the display to properly operate.
My problem is that when the car starts the display tilts about 1/4", then returns again when turned off.
This behavior suddenly started about a month ago...the previous 6 months it didn't do this.
Is there somehow a setting that causes this?

Thanks

Mike

Did you watch the video above? There are 2 different operations of the OPEN/TILT button:
1: OPEN - tap the button and the screen fully opens to access the CD or SD card.
2: TILT - press and hold the button and each time you hold it the screen will tilt to a different position. Keep doing this until the screen is in the whole way.

Great info. I've had this issue with screen always popping out half an inch for about a week, putting it at an angle I couldn't see very well. Thought I'd screwed it up, but thankfully I come here to learn it's a "feature" not a bug. I think I was too aggressive trying to eject a CD while car was turning on. Yes, a CD. I'm old. :mrgreen:

Easy fix
1) buy a can of compressed air with a nozzle
2 find the smallest/thinnest screwdriver
3) slightly wedge in the screwdriver I between the button and the housing
4) blow air all around the exposed area
5) repeated on the bottom, button. separated slightly from the housing
6) tilt the screen so it is parallel to dash-squirt air around the button rectangle

What you re doing is dislodging any material that is acting as if the button is being pressed, plus you're cleaning out all the stuff that
has collected in the space between the button and the housing.

The only way the screen can be actuated is by the button being held or self-triggering because of muck inside it.

Volia

Makes me even more delighted that I have (and specifically asked for, at "deal-breaker" level) the radio with the exposed CD slot, and then added an after-market GPS navigator. And that thin sheet brass, cut and folded to an appropriate shape, can be inserted under the radio bezel to serve as a no-drill anchor for a GPS navigator mount.

Back