Does anyone know what this code is b2772 0009

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mitrals

I just bought a leaf and am getting this code on leafspy. From what I can tell the heater is working. Cannot seem to find the code and what it means.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/PigNrRRDPccGDRmZ7

Update. The heater does not blow hot :(

From the 2015 Leaf Tech Manual.

DTC CONFIRMATION PROCEDURE
1. Turn power switch OFF.
2. Set the vehicle to READY.
3. Operate the automatic air conditioning system.
4. Set the temperature to full hot and wait at least 2 seconds.
5. Select “Self Diagnostic Result” of “HVAC” using CONSULT.
6. Check DTC.
Is DTC detected?

Is DTC detected?
YES >> Refer to HAC-103, "Diagnosis Procedure".
NO >> Inspection End.
Diagnosis Procedure
1.REPLACE PTC HEATER
Replace PTC heater.

i don't know what the forscin is about, but the image you posted only shows the version # of various ECUs,

There are more diagnostic steps in the 2014 HAC manual for the 2012 cars, and other possible causes

B2772 PTC Heater Voltage (Low)

When the supply voltage input to the PTC elements heater is the specified voltage value or less

Possible cause
PTC elements heater
DC/DC-Junction Box
High voltage harness or connectors (PTC elements heater high voltage circuit is open or shorted.)
Harness or connectors (PTC elements heater circuit is open or shorted.)

It may be a different manual, but first try to clear the DTCs, turn the car OFF, then restart to READY and try the heater, then see if the DTC comes back. If so then the code is real, if not then it may have been an old code and is not a problem anymore, especially if the heater is working. You could use the energy info monitoring screen on the center screen terminal to see how much kW is drawn by the heater, and by the AC.

nlspace said:
It may be a different manual, but first try to clear the DTCs, turn the car OFF, then restart to READY and try the heater, then see if the DTC comes back. If so then the code is real, if not then it may be an old code.

Car to ready means turn it on completely that I can drive?

mitrals said:
nlspace said:
It may be a different manual, but first try to clear the DTCs, turn the car OFF, then restart to READY and try the heater, then see if the DTC comes back. If so then the code is real, if not then it may be an old code.

Yes, "ready" is the car fully on, ready to drive. The HVAC system will blow warm air using the heat pump, but it should activate the resistance heater and blow hot air if you set desired temperature as high as possible (90 degrees F).

GerryAZ said:
mitrals said:
nlspace said:

Yes, "ready" is the car fully on, ready to drive. The HVAC system will blow warm air using the heat pump, but it should activate the resistance heater and blow hot air if you set desired temperature as high as possible (90 degrees F).

Thank you. The code went away today and at 90 there is a small spike on the energy screen. Hoping it was a one off.

Back