NissanConnect down and now unavailable on the web? (2021)

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
DerekPerkins said:
The NissanConnect Services and NissanConnect EV & Services telematics programs will be affected by AT&T's decision to discontinue its 3G cellular network. On February 22, 2022, all Nissan vehicles equipped with telematics hardware compatible for use with the 3G cellular network will be unable to access NissanConnect Services and NissanConnect EV features. New enrollments for these vehicles will also no longer be allowed after June 1, 2021. After this point, customers who are not already enrolled in a telematics trial or subscription will be unable to access services for their vehicle. The decision to discontinue 3G network coverage was not made by Nissan and this change is not within Nissan's control.

Maybe AT&T is causing connectivity issues as they're moving away from 3G?

They are not dropping 3G support until Feb’22. My Tesla is going in for the LTE modem upgrade soon to avoid the rush in the coming months.

I haven’t been able to update charge status on the app or via the connect webpage since July 20.
Sent a tech request to Nissan through their chat. Will post their reply here if/when I get it.

Just checked the my Nissan app and watched as it refreshed the EV services badge disappeared. This used to be a quick link into the App Store to download the app. So I thought about it and searched the apple App Store for Nissan connect EV and no results are found. I guess they’ve pulled the app now?

the last time I was able to have mine update was July 21 at 9:51pm. when I logged in online I did notice where it says Nissan Connect EV underneath that it said powered by Sirius ???
they would'nt do an upgrade without letting us know :shock: would they ? :roll:

I called and talked to Nissan Support for the EV Connect App.

They told me that it was a known issue and the team is working to fix the issue on the Server.

gbrance said:

They told me that it was a known issue and the team is working to fix the issue on the Server.

Good to hear. I sent them an email last night, but don’t expect to get a reply.

gbrance said:

good news,
Thanks for updating the group.... :cool:

mjb750j said:
the last time I was able to have mine update was July 21 at 9:51pm. when I logged in online I did notice where it says Nissan Connect EV underneath that it said powered by Sirius ???

It's been "powered by SiriusXM" since at least December, probably longer but I can only speak for since-December

gillmj24 said:
mjb750j said:

It's been "powered by SiriusXM" since at least December, probably longer but I can only speak for since-December

thanks I did not know that...maybe we will have to sign up with Sirius to get the service back at some point ?

mjb750j said:
thanks I did not know that...maybe we will have to sign up with Sirius to get the service back at some point ?
So as not to spread any FUD, NissanConnect may be sponsored by Sirius, but the data is definitely not transported by Sirius. The car telematics require a modem (with service from AT&T) to operate...and I believe the Gen2 Leafs support 4G (whereas my Gen1 will not).

This is what I've noticed, on mine (2020 Gen 2), the app won't update the charge level, but I can still turn Climate Control On and Off, I can still Lock or Unlock my doors and the GPS tracking still works. So it appears to be partially working for some features and not for others.

Well I just checked the app and the battery charge level *did* work this time, so Nissan made a liar out of me. :mrgreen:

Confirm I am also back up and running. Charge level and car locator functioning once again.

Yeah, my app charge level indication is working again too and I must credit Nissan for having a real human call me in response to my tech support chat request on this. Overall, I’m pleased with how they handled this. Hope it lasts. ;)

BartB said:
Yeah, my app charge level indication is working again too and I must credit Nissan for having a real human call me in response to my tech support chat request on this. Overall, I’m pleased with how they handled this. Hope it lasts. ;)

I second what BartB posted, glad to have it working again :D

BartB said:

Indeed! Got a vmail from Nissan a few mins ago (was on a meg and couldn’t answer). I live person stated that they sent a reset signal to the car, which re-enabled the services. Wonder if it’s akin to refreshing the Sirius radio option that’s avail for subscribers when things go wonky there. Either way, bodes well that Nissan is actually responding to tech issues even when submitted via the web.

Seems down again. Yesterday (9/23) I was able to connect via the website but the app told me I had to update to the latest version to continue, although it was updated last week. Then the android app started crashing to desktop. Today the app still crashes upon opening, and the nissanconnect website is giving HTTP errors as well.

gillmj24 said:
Seems down again. Yesterday (9/23) I was able to connect via the website but the app told me I had to update to the latest version to continue, although it was updated last week. Then the android app started crashing to desktop. Today the app still crashes upon opening, and the nissanconnect website is giving HTTP errors as well.

I'm seeing the same issue, app crashes if you had a login saved. If you remove the app and re-install, after you put in the login information, it complains the app needs to be updated (but it is at the latest version) and if you force a login, it will crash again just like before. If you clear all the data for the app, that will bring it back to the login screen (no crash at least), but beyond that you can't do anything else.

Note: Demo mode still works, oddly enough.

[edit] Being an app coder myself, I can see that there is an "unreleased" version that is not compatible with ours, that's what crashes our app. The problem is, the new network code has not been released by Nissan coders yet, so basically they upgraded the server but have not released a version that we can use with the new sever. Must have fired all the coders and some new guy/gal is running things now, probably trying to figure out how everything works, who knows? :?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back