Repeated front suspension issues

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not sure if repeated faults with the front suspension of my 2013 LEAF is normal but every MOT or service Front suspension issues are identified. Not knowing anything better I end up with a bill of £400-£500 a time.

It went in for a service on Monday and both front drop links need replacing as well as the passenger side wishbone. Luckily after I queried it mainly as I have only done about 5k miles, it was found to still be under warranty.

I'm sure one of the drop links was replaced last time but I'm not going to argue about that as I'm once again getting a rumbling suspension.

Question is, since I have owned the car, I have used the main dealer for MOT and servicing, are they taking advantage for my loyalty or does the LEAF's suspension really need so much attention? I'm at the point I would be expecting if I take the car in, in 6 months time they will say another part on the suspension is worn out and needs changing.

I have had many other "bangers" in my time and with a Metro needing its suspension needing pumping up, none have been as parts hungry as my LEAF.

I recently had to have both control arms replaced on my 2011. Now roads around here eat cars for breakfast. I also bought it used, and the suspension feels noticeably better after that fix then when I first inherited it -- maybe an issue to do with previous owner?

Luckily I only had to pay for the two anti-roll bars, the wishbone was still under warranty.

It could be down to the mechanic but the suspension does feel tighter and is quiet to. I have confirmed the parts hold a 1 year warranty for parts and associated labor - I am sure keeping a log now, only to be quick to point out any further claims.

Back